Chapter 6

He just wanted to growl at both of them at this point. Yes, he was crippled and it took a lot of effort just to not fall asleep at any given moment with his full belly, but as Marquise sat in the tub, waiting silently as the water began to fill up, he couldn't stop wishing that his wolf would lend him its voice for just a few darn seconds. 

Whether it was the heir-sire bond, or just the guy's sweet personality in general, he wasn't sure, but he knew that he would do anything to make the guy happy. However, evidently, his patience had limits. 

Taru and lord Kova have been arguing for nearly twenty minutes on who was going to wash him, and the few times he'd tried to get a word in, they'd completely ignored him. Although, that was probably because his voice was terribly weak and barely audible, but that wasn't the point!

I wonder if they'll noticed if I fall over and drown? 

"What are you two doing?" 

Oh... no. 

Marquise immediately looked away, not wanting to risk triggering any kind of response like the pull he had with Taru. He was more than happy nuzzling against the younger vampire once in a while, but he refused to even consider intentionally moving closer to the elder one, even if it were just an inch. 

Besides, Vrasje had said right off the bat that he didn't want him bothering him and that he was only helping to change him into a vampire so that his heir wouldn't be upset. 

I'm more than happy to leave you completely alone, so please move along... unless you plan to remove these two so that I can finally scrub all of this grime off of myself. 

Finally seeming to have heard someone, both vampires turned their attention toward the doorway, then Taru stuttered as Kova gave a respectful, silent nod. 

"M-master, I'm sorry if we disturbed you. We just had a disagreement and have been struggling to solve it," Taru said as Marquise heard him hurry toward Vrasje. 

"From what I could hear as I was walking down the hall, you're fighting over who will wash the mutt," Vrasje said, making Marquise scowl at the wall. 

He couldn't argue, though. He definitely was a weird combination of things now. 

Wouldn't I technically qualify as a zombie, too? I've got the rot going on and I look like I'm already dead. 

He wasn't exactly sure if zombies even existed, but he did fancy reading horror quite a bit, and in a world that had vampires and werewolves, surely there was at least a tiny bit of extra room for some other odds and ends, right? 

"Then it's decided. I'll do it. Both of you have other things to tend to, anyways," Vrasje said, making Marquise pause, then turn sheet-white. 

He stayed facing the wall even as he heard the two people he thought would drive him crazy exit the now-steamy room, leaving him alone with the one person who didn't want to have anything to do with him again. 

"Well? Are you really so incapable that you still can't clean yourself with your own hands?"  

How did you end up with such a sweet heir like Taru? You deserve a drunken old man with a vocabulary of only curse words and the scent of a dying skunk. 

Fighting back the urge to shake his head disapprovingly, Marquise, instead, slowly turned around in his seat, then reached a hand up out of the water that had stopped filling around his midsection. 

His hand shakily managed to wrap its fingers around one of the three bars of soap nearby, but it took nearly all of his focus to actually hold the item, then bring it closer to himself.