Chapter 11

I'm sorry, but please give me more credit than that. I might be a mutt, but I know that you wouldn't dare get that suit wet. My old friend was a master of fashion and he'd have a heart attack if someone got his nice designer suit even the slightest bit damp. So, I'm just going to chill here until my sweetheart and porcupine return. 

The guy just stared at him, shocked that he would even say such words. 

Wait a minute...

Looking down, Marquise stared at the fuzzy paws beneath the water. Confused, he slowly lifted one closer to the surface, then partially turned it over so that he could see some of the bottom. 

No way. These are not my toes! Where is my giant monster paw?! These pads look like tiny pink pinto beans! 

"What is your problem? Can you not even hear me? Get your butt over here before I—" Marquise shut him up with a narrowed glare and an abrupt splash of his little paw that had Kova jumping back even though the water didn't even come close to him. 

 If you're going to threaten someone, at least have the balls to back it up. 

Returning his attention to his paw, Marquise lifted it out of the water and booped his muzzle gently. 

Dear god, it really is mine and I'm super tiny. 

Ignoring the elder vampire glowering at him, he slipped back into the deeper water, then swam across the large tub before finding another ledge and hopping out. It actually took some effort. 

I really should just drown myself at this point, he thought as he looked down at his sopping wet little body. 

And I'm... what the hell color am I? It looks like someone just dumped a bunch of paint on me and got distracted until it dried!

Frustrated, he sat down and tried to get a better feel for his new other half. It definitely didn't have the unbridled rage and raw aggression of his previous wolf, and it definitely didn't have its bulk, either. 

I bet I don't even weigh thirty pounds, even with all of this water soaking my fur. I want a damn refund. 

"Alright, enough messing ar—" Kova's words were cut off again as he stopped coming closer abruptly, then hissed when he was forced to jump back because Marquise began shaking out his coat. 

Once he was done, he looked up at the other man with a bored expression, then flicked his tail and sauntered out of the bathing room with an air of authority that didn't fit his tiny frame. 

Of course, Kova hurried after him, silently fuming and glaring daggers, but he didn't care. 

Where did Vrasje put my potato. I need to drown my new sorrow in food. 

He was just sniffing his way toward the kitchen when he was suddenly lifted by a towel wrapped around his body!

"Alright, we're going out," Kova said as he tucked him under his arm like a fuzzy man-purse. 

Marquise glared up at him for a few moments before rolling his eyes and allowing the man to carry him. The guy wasn't the brightest, but there were plenty of eyes on them already. If he tried to do anything to him, there's no way he'd be able to hide it from Taru. Sure, the servants didn't like him either, but they also weren't going to take the fall for the guy. 

So, it wasn't too surprising when he was carried out the door, but then set down once out of view of the house. 

"You, what can I do to get you to leave Taru alone? What do you want? Food? Money? Why did he change you?"