Chapter 54

Kai's POV
"So are you sure you'll be okay watching them tonight," I ask Grayson, and Callie looks at me confused "Oh yeah I'll be there," Grayson says patting my back and walking away. "So why is Gray watching them," she asks me "I want us to go to a race tonight somewhere new are you in" I whisper and she smiles.

"You know what I'd love to" she says gleaming. "Well, then how about we get back to my house and spend some time with them today," I ask and she nods. "Bye Grayson thank you for the talk," I say and he waves at me saying goodbye to Callie. "Come on you guys to the car," I say and everyone gets up and starts heading to the cars. I wait by the doorway for Callie "Bye Gray love you" she says closing the door.

I grab her hand making her smile brightly, but like a rainy cloud on a sunny day, she gets nervous as Manny pulls up. I step in front "I could let go of your hand if you want I understand that you're not ready yet" I say and she gives me a sad smile. "I'm sorry I really am," she says releasing my hand "It's okay beautiful," I say stepping out of her way and going to make sure everyone is getting in the car okay.

Callie's POV
"Hey," Manny says coming to me "Hey what's up," I ask "Nothing much just missing you around the house, " Oh yeah I've been with Kai and his siblings it's really nice," I say looking at them and seeing Kai chase Mandy around trying to get her in the car, I smile

"Mandy listen to your brother," I say and she stops and goes with kai. "Oh that's nice are you going to be back today," he asks "Oh um no Grayson is going to babysit and Kai and I are going to go do something fun," I say and Manny chuckles nervously

"Well have fun I'll see you around," he says leaving, I feel a bad feeling in my stomach as he walks away. "Hey you okay," Kai asks coming up to me "Yeah I'm okay I just want to go to your house," I say going to the car.

We get back, Everyone is in their rooms Mandy is cuddling with her new stuffed animals, Matt and Derrick are arguing about who gets to come with me and Kai tonight, Jaden is listening to the CD, and Jack is playing the new game I got him. "So I have an idea," I say coming into the room, "What's up gorgeous," he says making me blush. "So one we should announce to the racing world we're dating look at this," I say showing him my phone.

"I'm sorry darling what this," he asks confused "This is how we know when races are happening a lot of our fellow racers are on there, and look who is everywhere right now," I say and he looks back at the phone "What no way Turbo is getting married and to Speed of all people," he said shocked, Turbo and Speed are notorious racers like me and Kai, what makes everyone so shocked is they have been enemies since they started racing.

"So what do you think," I ask wiggling my eyebrows, "Okay but you know that you're probably gonna have to change in the car after all the group will be here in like thirty," he says and I smile, " I'll change in the car no problem but also I want to understand why we're taking Matt and Derrick I thought you wouldn't want to have them there," I say plopping on the bed beside him

"Just trust me one of them will be excited," he says smiling "Oh and that too how about I give Jackie a call ask her to drop off my car and both of them come with us... Unless you are comfortable having me change in front of your brother and sister" I say teasing him..."Yeah you know what give Jackie a call" he says quickly, I laugh at him and told him I already called her.

The rest of the day went by quickly, we made sure everyone ate I helped Kai get the registration forms for Jaden, Jack, and Mandy; Jack and I started talking about me taking him somewhere to spray paint with me. "The groups here" I snap out of thought when I hear that, getting up and going to greet them,

"Hey you sure you'll be good with them you do know that they need to sleep right," I say to Grayson and he chuckles "Don't worry sis I got this now you go and have fun," he says ushering out. I give my keys to Derrick and I go in Kai's car once we're out of sight of the house I jump in the back seat and start getting changed.

"Damn are you a pro at changing in cars" Kai chuckles, "Nah just somewhat now are you excited for the race," I ask putting my fishnets on and then my shorts, "Oh yeah it's gonna be great," he says excitedly, I finish getting dressed and now, I look at my contacts debating If I should put them on. I remember that I still have a couple of secrets I never told anyone and right now I want to tell Kai, so I go back to the front seat and buckle up. "Hey could I tell you something," I ask

"You can tell me anything," he says making me smile, I wear contacts I say and he chuckles, "I know you wear contacts they're green you had them in when we first met" he recalls. "Yeah I know, but to be honest I'm kind of tired of these contacts but I don't know if I should just continue wearing them" I sigh and Kai takes a second to think. "Why do you wear them" he asks "Well...when I was younger my mom had an affair so I was supposed to have green eyes and she was weirdly excited about that, but she always told me she hated my brown eye so the green ones were for her" I sigh and he takes a second

"I say keep those bitches out, you deserve to have your face to be yours,  she shouldn't have made you feel like that whether she's your mom or not , I'm sorry I went quiet I just had to cool my nerves for a second", he says making me smile.

"Look we're here," he says pulling up to a big open space with lots of cars and music blasting, "Woah this place is awesome," I say looking around in shock. "Yeah I would hope you like it after all it is your thank-you gift," he says parking the car. "What," I said snapping my neck at him. "Oh my God okay, okay hold on let me just chill for a second before I blow my cover. I say feeling over the moon excited.

" Thank you, Kai I love it," I say kissing him, We both take a deep breath and make sure we both look okay, our outfits kind of match, but just in case we have the same shoes on along with the same mask. Even before we step out of the car people are looking in our direction, just from the sight of our cars, but when I step out of Kai's car people start talking, and when Kai comes around to me and grabs my hand, immediately people start typing in their phones, especially when Kai puts his hand around my waist.