Chapter 40

Callie's POV
I and Kai got back yesterday and immediately went to sleep and right now we're standing at the door waiting for Grayson to answer. Anyone who looked at us would think we are complete opposites. I am wearing a pink flowery dress and Kai is black jeans and a black sweater. "Kai I don't know about this," I say nervously, "Hey you got this and if you want to leave I will be upstairs," he says reassuringly grabbing my hand. Just then the door opens and he gently lets go of my hand, motioning for me to go in. I step inside and Kai goes upstairs to give up some privacy. I and Grayson sit down at the table and begin talking. "So let's just address it why did you think this would be a mistake," I ask bluntly. "It was more like I though-"

"Stop beating around the bush Grayson," I say feeling annoyed. I then get a message on my phone, I look down and see Kai's name. "Remember to be considerate of his feelings but also remember your feelings," it says. I take a deep breath and chime back into what Grayson's saying. "I was worried that the change would be too much and so I thought it could be a mistake," he says nervously. I take a deep breath remembering Kai's words "I understand that and I hear you if I am to move back in I would like us to set some rules" I suggest and his ears perk up. "Okay I'm willing to do that," he says "Okay my rules are simple, stop treating me like a child I matured long ago, and you have to let me date who I want," I say and I see him tense up. "This is where you put down rules of your own," I say and he clears his throat "God I can't believe I'm gonna say this," he says taking a deep breath. "Alright two things you have to tell me when you get in a relationship AND" he then starts to mumble his last part "Um sorry didn't hear you," I say confused.

"I said no...in the house," he says getting closer but I still can't hear him. "What I literally don't understand you," I say thinking I'm getting his point but I want him to say it. "NO SEX IN THE HOUSE" he shouts and I start laughing "Eww God no that wouldn't happen," I say still laughing. "So we're good," he asks meekly, "Yeah we're good now if you need me I need Kai to drive me to go get my things," I say and he smiles but then fades away. "Wait there is one more thing," he says stopping me in my tracks. I face him waiting for him to speak "We have to have good communication" he says and I nod "Okay then we will is that all" I ask him and he nods.

"KAI IM READY TO GO NOW" I shout from downstairs. I wait downstairs "So Kai and you are kind of getting close" Grayson asks "Um yeah I guess he's cool," I say

Grayson's POV
Is she trying to avoid my question, "Yeah I thought you didn't like Kai at first" I say. "Um no I always liked him I was just thrown off when someone new moved in," she says. I am trying to read her it'd be so much easier if Dylan was here after all he is a phycology major. Just then it's like a genie granted my wish because Dylan walks in the door. I quickly pull him aside "Examine me and Cal with your little superpower," I say and he chuckles "I know you think you're complimenting me but your not, but sure I will," he says crossing his arm. "Hey, Cal so you and Kai are friends," I ask "You seem to want to know a lot about Kai," she says glaring at me. "KAI IM GONNA GO" she shouts upstairs "Well I was just wondering because I think that it would be lonely if he left the house," I say and I feel something change. "It's no problem we talked last night and I'd still see him," she says "Oh so you were with him last night," I ask and then hear a whistle I turn around and see Dylan signaling to cut it off. "Yeah, I stayed with him... Um my friend was long knocked out and he said he was um house-sitting" she says "You know I'm going to go check on Kai" she says and goes upstairs.

Callie's POV
I go to Kai's door and I am about to knock but the door is open, I look in and see Kai in his closet on the phone on his Bluetooth headset. "I know baby trust me when you come and live with me you're going to love it," he says I don't know why but I feel a weird sting and I know I should probably stop listening but I continue to "I know baby it will be hard, no your not pulling me away from my friends they'll love you too once they see your cute little self just trust me," he says and just then I knock on the door frame. "Oh one second I have to talk to someone," he says moving his headphones down. "Um hey I am moving back in and um I'm gonna go get my car," I say rubbing my arm "Oh okay let me get my ke-".
"NO-sorry I mean I just want to go for a walk so I'm gonna go," I say and he looks at me confused but nods.

A/N- Photo above is Callie's dress