Chapter 35

TW: suicide, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, sexual abuse, and kidnapping

Word Count: 4101

Lizzie's POV

"Well, I was getting the mail yesterday from the mailbox when I saw there was a letter in it. A-and it was addressed to me, well, actually Al-Allie May..." she trails off after stuttering through her sentence. My heart drops as I hear those words. We both know the only people who called her that were bad. I can't imagine how she's feeling as I hold her tighter. I have so many questions for her and I also now have a lawyer to call.

"Oh sweetheart," I whisper into her ear as I continue to hold her. She doesn't say anything but I can tell her mind is loud like she said earlier.

"Can I ask you a question?" I kiss the top of her head and she nods in response.

"Did you read the letter?" She shakes her head no.

"Do you want to read the letter?" She nods her head yes.

"Would you be okay if I was there when you read it?"

"Uh-hmm," she hums as she leans into me more.

"Is that something you want to do tonight or later this weekend?" I ask and she holds up one finger, which I assume means the first option.

"Okay, we can read it tonight. Do you want your Aunts there too or would you rather them not be there?"

She shrugs in response. "Would you like me to give them the option?"

She again shrugs, not really having a preference either way.

"Okay, well I think it might be good for them to be there. That way they will be more clued in on the situation and can help support you throughout the week."  I pull her into a more proper cuddle as we wait for the other two to return.

"Who wants to make cookies!" MK yells walking back into the room, making Alexis flinch at the loud, startling noise. "Ow! That hurt!"

"Stop yelling," Ashley sighs, "I literally just told you to not do that."

"Hmm," MK fakes a frown before coming to sit with us on the couch.

"Lex, would you like to join us in playing our favorite game, whose twin is it?" MK announces like a game show host.

"This wasn't fun on our birthday so why would it be now," Ashley rolled her eyes.

"Because it's cute and I think it's about time we show her some of our movies. Lizzie's even in a few," MK encourages.

"Lizzie's in your movies?" Alexis asks clearly shocked by this info.

"Yeah even your Uncle Trent got dragged into a few," MK encourages.

"How do you play?" Alexis keeps all her attention on my sister.

———

The game ended with a close tie between myself and Ashley. It was a hard game because there were rarely tell-tale signs that indicated who was who. Alexis got one right, but she was mostly just enjoying the TV show. We even watched the episode with baby me, which was actually an unfortunate storyline. I played newborn Michelle in that one for a flashback scene. They needed a baby and similar to my sisters' audition I didn't cry when new people held me. Unfortunately, I was not paid because it was like free childcare.

I sent Alexis up to her room to retrieve the letter, while I briefed my sisters. We decided to take it at Alexis's pace and Mary-Kate suggested that we send a copy of the letter to her therapist after sending it to my lawyer. Alexis returned with her weighted blanket and the letter clutched tightly in her hands.