Chapter 34

Word Count: 2789

Nobody's POV

Time passed by slowly as Alexis watched the minute hand tick by. Lizzie was supposed to be home tonight. She missed the past two weeks due to a snowstorm and a scheduling conflict. Some set equipment broke so they took off Thursday and worked Saturday instead.

This was the end of week five of eight-ish. So over halfway now which was very exciting, Alexis was looking forward to the summer months. No school, no crazy people, just Lizzie and her. Lizzie's even filming in LA for her next movie so that means they can stay at the house, no more moving. These past four weeks definitely haven't been smooth sailing but they managed.

Week 2 was boring but Alexis's hung out with Scarlett and Rose after school a few times. It was nice to get some one-on-one attention because no matter how hard you try to lie, Scarlett always knows. Scarlett somehow knew just what Alexis needed as they binged watched movies and had a lazy day together. Scarlett then proceeded to spam Lizzie with pictures of Alexis and her. Alexis even spent time playing with Rose who was walking and kind of talking now. Rose was at the fun stage of life where she was mimicking everyone which Alexis found hilarious.

That weekend, Lizzie taught Alexis how to float on her back. One of the best pool safety skills! Even though the pool is well protected, Lizzie isn't one to skimp on safety. Alexis had been slowly, very slowly getting used to the water. However, she will only get in if Lizzie is present. It's not that she doesn't trust her Aunts, just that she keeps much safer with Lizzie.

--------------

Week three was spent with Aunt Ashley and that was the first weekend that Lizzie missed. Alexis was absolutely devastated, especially after the crazy week she had had. Ashley had a late-night dinner meeting, so Courtney was babysitting. Unfortunately, Alexis had been feeling sick the entire day and by the time she got home, she was running a high fever. Courtney didn't seem to notice until dinnertime when Alexis refused to eat anything. She thought it was Alexis just being difficult but after the fifth ask to eat something, the younger Olsen abruptly screamed and ran to her room. Courtney packed up Alexis's plate into a separate container for later, hopefully, she'd eat soon.

Around eight o'clock, Courtney finally took it upon herself to properly check on Alexis. She didn't expect to see the girl sweating it out as she curled into a ball shivering. Courtney knew then that all of her sisters were going to give her an earful, especially Lizzie.

Alexis refused to speak to Courtney at all, so while freaking out Courtney tried to call her mom but she didn't pick up. So she then called David who picked up right away and decided to make the trip over to help. Courtney wasn't so sure about that but she also had no idea what to do with a sick child. She was too scared to call her sisters so she gave in and sent her Dad Lizzie's new address.

While Courtney waited for her Dad to show up, Alexis took a shower in her ensuite before pulling on some shorts and another shirt she stole from Lizzie. Courtney seemed to underestimate how independent and self-sufficient her niece actually is. When Alexis heard another voice in the house, or in particular a voice she thought was banned from her house, she locked her bedroom door. Alexis even put up a barricade to ensure that no one could come in. Drying her own tears, Alexis climbed back in bed hoping for Aunt Ashley to return as soon as possible.

Alexis then called Lizzie thinking that there was no way that she had okayed David to come over, especially when she wasn't there.

"Hey Lex," Lizzie smiled into the phone.

"Hi, Mama," Alexis breathed out through her stuffy nose.

"You sound like you're getting sick, how are you feeling?"