Chapter 25

Word Count: 1179

Lizzie's POV

Today was another lovely day where Alexis hasn't left her bed all morning. In all fairness, I haven't been rushing to wake her either. Last night wasn't a stellar night for us, she went to bed angry about me tucking her in for bed before Sebastian and Anthony went home.

We needed some adult time, also known as Alexis tea time because I was curious to know what type of mood she woke up in. Sebastian said shy/clingy while Anthony said sassily. That sounded like an interesting mix. She also woke up late which means she was up too late or had a nightmare.

I am not one for snooping but I have considered installing a baby camera. As often as I know that she's having nightmares, it's usually about double the occurrences. I'll wake her in the morning to find tear stains on her cheeks and matching puffy eyes. But she never wants to talk about it. She never has told me what really goes on in these dreams, at least not since when she was little and used to draw them. Now she's grown and refuses to admit that she has them most of the time.

The most I'll get out of her at night is a few sobs and whimpers mixed with a desperate plea to stay with her. Of course, I'll never say no to that but I wish I knew more so that I can help her.

I knock twice before opening the door to her room. She's sprawled out across her duvet and from the looks of it she doesn't look happy. She looks grumpy.

"Good morning," I cheered while I moved to open her blinds.

"Noooo," my preteen whined.

"Come on, you've gotta come and help me pack," I cheered.

"No, I'm not moving," she declared.

"Yes, we are. We're moving next week," I reminded her.

"No, I don't want to, so I won't," she whined.

"Lex," I sigh taking a seat next to her. I reached out to place my hand on her back to comfort her but she rolled away.

"Don't touch me," she growled.

"Okay," I hold my hands up in defense.

"But you're going to love the new house. It's got a backyard and multiple levels. Your bedroom has its own bathroom and you even have a cool reading nook. Plus there's a nice big entertainment room with a secret room attached to it. It's just a cozy room for you to have all to yourself when you feel overwhelmed or just need some alone time." I tried to add more details in hopes something would convince her.

"No!"

"Lex, we're moving in Friday and Saturday. They are cleaning up the construction mess this week then it's ours to live in."

"No, no, no. I'm not going," she pouted.

"Well, then I guess I'll just start packing your room myself," I decided seeing as she wasn't going to do much.

"No, Mom! I'm not going!" She started screaming at me. I ignored her at first seeing as this was quite possibly another one of her temper tantrums. "I don't wanna go! Take the boxes away! I'm not going!" She continued starting to get a little hysterical as I opened her closet. I first to boxed up her summer clothes and summer shoes.

She was still throwing a fit, screaming, and yelling. All the thematics while I tried my best to ignore it. She's eleven and this isn't eleven-year-old behavior. At this point, most of her screaming was nonsense and mixed with more hurtful things directed toward me.

Once the first box was full I carried it back out of her room stopping by her bed. "Alexis, I know you're upset and I understand that you are having some big feelings right now but I can't talk to you about it until you're calm. If you need help calming down then ask for it but I'll wait to talk once you're ready," and with that, I walked out.

"I hate you! I never want to live with you again! I would rather die than move. I don't wanna move!" She continues to cry while I stayed in the living room listening. It was hurtful and the urge to scream back at her was growing but my therapist said I need to let her work it out. She needs to learn how to self-soothe and calm herself.

I packed the hall closet before packing up some of the kitchen. I was boxing up some of the kitchen appliances that I don't use a lot when two small arms wrapped themself around me.

"Hey, Lex," I cooed gently while pausing my packing.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled.

"I'm glad you calmed yourself down," I told her before turning around to hug her properly.

"I don't hate you. I'm sorry," she repeated teary-eyed as she hugs me again.

"I know that and I love you too," I kissed her head.

"I uh, I threw up," she mumbled.

"Where did you throw up?"

"In the bathroom."

"Do you feel sick?" I bring my hand to her forehead which feels a little warm.

"Can we cuddle?" She asked ignoring my question.

"We can but first I want to make sure you're feeling okay."

"I feel okay, can we cuddle now?"

"You feel a little warm Lex, so I'm gonna get you some medicine then we can go cuddle. I do want to talk about your temper tantrum but we can do that later. When we get done cuddling, you're going to need to eat since it's almost two and you haven't eaten," I explained to her gently.

"I don't want medicine," she started to tear up.

"I know but it'll be really quick." I step out of her embrace before grabbing the child day quill from the cabinet and pouring some for her into a cup.

"No, it's yucky," she whined.

"Lex, if you can drink this and some juice then we can go cuddle, I promise," I reminded her.

She reluctantly drank the medicine with a frown before drinking a little bit of juice. We headed back to my room to cuddle as she said it was comfier. Despite it being mid-afternoon, I climbed into bed with my daughter. She laid nearly right on top of me. Her head against my chest and arms around my own arms.

"I love you, mom. Do you love me?" She asked quietly in the dimly lit room. I turned off the lights thinking it'd help lower her anxious feelings. She only asks to cuddle when she's got a lot going on.

"I love you so so much. It makes me sad when you're upset."

"Then how come you ignored me today? Do you really love me?"

A/n
It only took three drafts to get this where I wanted but here we are. I know it's short but I think the chapter ending fits. Let me know what you think!

See you in the next one friends!