Chapter 12

Word Count: 1450

Lizzie's POV

We spent Sunday buddled up inside while a blizzard covered the ground outside. Nothing like a New York winter where one day it's nice enough to play on the playground and the next it's unbearable to be outside.

I kept falling asleep during the movie marathon much to my dismay as I did actually want to see one of the movies we were watching. It was kind of worth it because when I woke up, I heard Chris arguing with Alexis in quite possibly the cutest way.

"Noooo, Chris, don't touch her, she's sleeping," Alexis argued.

"Lex, com'n it's just some whipped cream?" Chris begged.

"No, you shouldn't wake her, she had a long night," Alexis pushed back.

"I'll even let you spray it?" Chris bargained and for a moment I thought she was gonna give in but then she angrily replied.

"Christopher Robert Evans, you better leave my mom alone, you big baby!" she whisper-shouted at him. Where the heck is everyone else? And I love how protective she is, but I do hope this doesn't set her off.

"She can go back to sleep after?" Chris offered.

"Christopher if you touch my Mama, I will...I will have Sebastian help me steal your dog," Alexis threatened. Well, that got dark fast. I honestly didn't expect that to be her first idea of a threat against Chris but okay?

"Well damn, that came out of nowhere," Sebastian commented and I could definitely hear a smirk in his tone. He must've just come in.

"What came out of nowhere?" Mary-Kate asked.

"Chris wants to wake up Mom but she didn't sleep last night so I told him no but he still asked again so if he touches Mom, Sebastian and I will steal Dodger," my daughter answered in a tone that sounded too happy to be right. It was still a bit angry but there was a sense of pride in her decisions.

"Chris, are you just looking for trouble?" Scarlett laughed.

"No," he answered unconvincingly, "but don't you wanna see Lizzie with this whipped cream smeared over her face?"

"Boys are unbelievable," Ashley huffed. I hear a few knuckles crack before MK giggles. I can imagine it to be a silly sight with my little girl threatening Chris.

"Hey, Chris can we borrow you for a second?" MK asked before I heard trudging footsteps away.

Once the room had gone quiet again, I felt another body snuggle up to mine, sneaking into share my blanket. I pretended to wake up as I pulled Alexis close. "Hi," I smiled at her furrowed eyebrows.

"Chris was being mean, he wanted to do a prank on you," she complained, "but I told him no and then said that Sebastian and I would steal Dodger," she sped up, "but lucky for him Aunt MK needed him for some reason."

"Oh wow, thank you for being my little hero," I said kissing her cheek as she giggled at my actions.

It was silent for a moment before she told me, "I wasn't really gonna steal his dog, I don't even know if I like dogs."

"I know that, I'm sure he does too," I reassured her, making a note about how apprehensive she is about the animals. She's bounced back almost completely since last night as if getting it off her chest was freeing but every so often she'll go quiet and explain a little more.

The evening was spent playing board games and charades.  It was a lot of mixed signals and yelling I don't know over and over. You would think that a bunch of actors would be good at this but that was far from the truth.