Chapter 2

Word Count: 2871

Alexis's POV

"What time will they be here?" I asked for the millionth time this morning.

"After lunch," Mom laughed.

"What? I'm excited, we haven't seen them in forever," I reminded her.

"I know, you're just too cute," she complimented as I rolled my eyes at her high-pitched tone.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, you are cute," Mom reiterated.

"Sure," I unconvincingly answered.

"Well, we're here so let's go," Mom informed me as we arrived at the store.

"Yay," I cheered unenthusiastically.

"What do you wanna do when they get here?"

"Anything but your puzzle," I sarcastically answered.

"It's not that bad," Mom whined.

"I have yet to finish my Lego kit because your puzzles take us forever," I explained to her pouty expression.

"It said it was easier on the box," she explained.

"Can we go outside with them?" I asked honestly. Ever since they explained what celebrity meant, I'm been worried about them and the paparazzi or fake rumors. I know newspapers and magazines can be fake sometimes and I don't want to get hurt.

"We can, just not everywhere, why where did you want to go?" She replied grabbing a cart.

"I don't know, the beach or maybe on that hike we took over the summer?" I suggested. I just want to be free and away from school, with people I actually like.

"We can probably do both, although I don't want you getting sick so remember to dress appropriately," Mom warned as we headed toward the produce section.

———

"Knock knock, the party has arrived!" I heard being shouted from the living room. That must be the twins, they like to make an entrance or it's Uncle Trent cause he does the same.

"Hi! How was the flight?" Mom asked as she hugged Aunt Ashley and me and walked down the hall.

"Good, where's my niece?" Aunt MK asked interrupting the two of them.

"I'm right here!" I announced making a b-line toward my aunts.

"Hi!" Aunt Ashley brought me into a big hug.

"How are you?" Aunt MK asked as I hugged her.

"Free from school," I cheered.

"Wow, I didn't know they let you guys out for the entire week," Aunt Ashley indulged me as we all sat down on the couches.

"Yeah, that sounds exciting. Do you have any big plans?" Aunt MK asked next and I shook my head no. Are you supposed to make plans for school breaks?

"That's okay, I'm sure relaxing will be just as nice." Aunt Ashley chimed in.

"Yeah, you can maybe help me finish that puzzle," Mom laughed as I scrunched my nose in disgust. I like hanging out with Mom but I need her to pick a more adventurous experience, less old ladylike.

"Why don't you drop her off at the Mall with some friends like mom used to do for us?" Aunt Ashley suggested. She probably wasn't thinking but regardless I didn't want that. No one is leaving me anywhere, especially in the mall. Also, that would require me to actually have friends and I'm fairly current I don't have those. I've never been to one since and I don't plan on it. "Oh wait, sorry, never mind," Aunt Ashley shook her head after receiving a disapproving look from both Aunt MK and Mom.