Chapter 3

Word Count: 2126

Lizzie's POV

After tucking Alexis in, I headed to living room to call my sisters and follow up on that scheduling problem I mentioned to Ashley earlier.

"Hey Liz, what's up?" Ashley answered on the third ring.

"Not much, just wanted to check in on you two and talk to you about this scheduling problem I have."

"Oh yeah, one sec - let me grab MK."
I hear her shout in the background and some shuffling before they both return to the phone.

"Okay so what problem is this?" MK asked next.

"Do you remember me telling you about the movie Wind River?"

"No not really," MK replied quickly, "ow, don't hit me. I'm not going to pretend," is whispered loudly next.

"Okay well it's a movie I signed on to do before Alexis was found. Probably last winter or the one before, I think. Either way, they've finally decided to film this March in the middle of nowhere near Park City, Utah."

"Oh that sounds like fun, except you don't like the snow," Ashley answered in an excited tone.

"I can't take Alexis with me."

"What do you mean? Like they told you know or you said no?" MK stepped in next.

"We won't have trailer or anything, we're traveling to set on snowmobiles, it's just not safe for her."

"Are you going to bring her to Utah though?" MK asked.

"That'll be three schools in less than a year?" Ashley added in.

"I know, that's why I have a huge favor to ask."

"Is there anyway for you guys to possibly stay with her during the weeks and I'll fly back on the weekends?"

"That's a big ask, Liz." MK answered quietly.

"I know, I'm worried about her. My job doesn't provide a lot of stability or consistency which is what she needs. I don't want to leave her but I'm not sure if bringing her would help more."

"Have you talked to Alexis about this, yet?" MK asked.

"No, I wanted to get options on the table before I talk to her."

"That makes sense, we can't make this decision for you but we can talk to our teams in New York about working remote. How long would the shoot be?"

"A little over eight weeks, like eight and half."

"Wow, that's a lot of time." MK blurted out.

"I know, that's why I'm looking at options now," I sighed. This had been wracking my brain for a while, most of my meetings last week were about confirmation for this shoot.

"It'll be okay, Liz. Whatever happens, you'll both be okay. We'll make it work," Ashley reassured me.

"I'm just so anxious about the possibility of leaving her for two months."

"But it's not two whole months, you said it yourself, you'll be home on the weekends and plus, one of those weeks has gotta be spring break right?" MK tried to cheer me up.

"Yeah, I think so, but I'll still be working twelves hours on set each day," I answered glumly.

"Yeah, but maybe one of us or Trent could bring her out to Utah for the week and that way you could spend the nights together," Ashley tried to problem solve.

"That's true, maybe?"

"Don't fret too much, we'll talk to our teams. You talk to Alexis and we'll work it out together," MK tried to calm me.