36

Dream laid down in his bed, George slowly following behind him. George sat at the edge of the bed as Dream got situated under the covers.

"Are you feeling better..?" George asked and Dream nodded.

"I'm not freezing my ass of anymore so I'd say it was a success." Dream replied sarcastically as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. George gave him a weak smile.

"Dream?" George said after taking a deep breath. Dream perked up, pulling his attention away from his phone and back towards George. "Do you want to break up?"

The room fell into silence, a quiet buzzing from the air ducts surrounded them. It was suffocating. The air around them seemed to be coated in a thick layer of salt, feeling toxic and bitter as they inhaled it.

"Do-.." Dream cleared his throat, trying to keep his composure. "Do you want to break up?"

He already had tears in his eyes, his too long blonde hair dropping over his face in a way that made it look like he hadn't brushed it in weeks. George glance back at Dream, looking him in the eyes, trying to catch on to what he was feeling.

"No.. I just- I don't know if this is good for me, us, I don't know if this is good for us."George said, his voice was hushed into a whisper. He almost let himself cry.

"I don't.. I don't want to break up." Dream said, his eyes flicking back up to meet George's.

George wiped the tears from his eyes before he could cry.

"I love you so much Dream and if I'm making you worse I don't want to be around to hurt you." George replied, his voice shook. "I don't want to keep hurting you."

"It's okay. It's okay, you aren't hurting me George please don't give up on me." Dream said, his voice was still quiet, breaking under the pressure and cries he so desperately held back.

"I'm not giving up on you." George reiterated. His voice was stern and harsh, the words spilling out of his mouth as if they left behind a bad taste. George carefully wrapped his arms around dreams frail frame, touching his hands down softly onto dreams hips.

He rested his chin on dreams shoulder, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath. He slid himself to sit partially in dreams lap, his legs on either sides of dreams thigh. Dream smiled softly and slid his arms underneath George's. His arms snaked behind George's body, linking fingers behind the brunettes back.

"I love you." George whispered into dreams ear.

"I love you too." Dream whispered back, you could hear the smile in his voice. George shivered at dreams breath right up against his ear, it was unexpected, and the second wave of shock came when Dream spoke.

For the first time in a while Dream sounded like he was genuinely happy and he wasn't just masking his desperation to avoid confrontation. George couldn't help but smile to himself, he pressed his lips into dreams skin, his smile still very prominent in his motions.

"I um.. my mom has been asking me to come home for a short visit.." George whispered into dreams ear, his tone dropped to a more serious one.

"That's okay.. I don't want you to feel like you are trapped here." Dream replied whispering back to George.

"You sure you'll be alright? I'll call you as much as I can.." George said, shifting away from Dream to look him in the eyes.

"Yeah I'll be okay, I have Nick here." Dream answered and placed a soft kiss on George's lips.

"Alright, I'll probably be leaving within the next day or so." George said with a smile.

"Mhm.." Dream leaned back down and kissed George yet again, this time holding him there for a few moments before pulling away.