23

Sapnap hurried to the car, following closely after George. Sapnap handed Dream to the Brit as he got in the front seat and started driving quickly. George was sat in the back row with unconscious Dream in his lap.

George softly removed the towel, in attempts to re wrap it, however his movement was frozen at the sight of Dreams wounds.

This was his fault, at least he thought it was. George chest burnt at every breath he took in.

"You okay back there man?"

George shook his head as the tears finally fell from his eyes. He felt so helpless. When the three arrived at the hospital, George handed dream to Sapnap. He couldn't bare the idea of stepping back into that hospital with Dream in his arms.

"He needs you with him George." Sapnap pleaded with the brunette.

George shook his head and closed the car door. Sapnap looked at George through the tinted window for a moment before deciding that Dream was more important right now.

Out of the corner of George eye he could see Sapnap slowly turn away before rushing inside. After Sapnap and Dream had left his vision completely he laid down over the back seat of the car and let himself sob.

He held his chest with one hand and his other placed over his mouth. Tears fell down his face as he sobbed. He let out loud cries as his voice broke. He felt helpless, useless, and just overall unworthy.

He turned on the radio, turning the volume up. He hoped it would calm him down or help him cope but it almost did the opposite. With the music turned up loud, George was able to let out proper sobs without fearing outside people hearing him.

He felt like his world had stopped turning. George leaned down and grabbed the blanket from the floor that the 3 had used a few nights ago at their picnic. Draping the blanket over himself, he felt as if he was in comfortable agony.

An hour or so passed when George turned his attention to Sapnap who was now knocking on the window of the car before pulling the door open. He stood there for a moment relieved to see that George was okay but at the same time hurt to see the state he was in.

"He okay." Sapnap said in hopes of making George feel at least a little better.

George quickly sat up to hug Sapnap around the neck. Tears still rolling down his pale face as coughed and choked on his sobs. Sapnap wrapped his arms around George and rubbed his back softly.

"You should come in. I'm sure he will want you there when he wakes up."

George shook his head. His ands shook against Sapnaps body.

"Come on buddy." Sapnap slowly pulled George to his feet. George fell against Sapnaps chest, his entire body weight relying on the other to hold him up. Sapnap moved his arms under George's, supporting the Brit as he tried to gain his balance.

"He-.." George tried to speak, his voice was horse and raspy from the hour he had spent sobbing. His chest tightened at the attempt to make any sounds. His voice cracked before he gave up and began crying again. He dug his face into sapnaps shoulder.

"Hm? What are you trying to say, George?"

George couldn't respond. He held onto Sapnap tightly as his legs slowly gave out. Sapnap still has a firm grasp on the other, hoping that he could snap him out of it. Sapnap immediately noticed George slowly growing unable to stand, wrapping his arms more around George's shoulders to help him stand.

"Let's just go inside. You can tell me later."

George shook his head but inevitably was not able to pull back against Sapnaps movements. They walked all the way into the hospital, George still inconsolable. As they made their way to dreams room, George was trying harder than ever to stop Sapnap.