1960's

*now this is also a piece from one of my books that should be part of this imagine. Its also a story called "the outcast". So if you're interested, please read the book. Your name will also be, Janice*

Janice

Justin, you didn't have to walk me home.." I said to him barely above a whisper.

He lifted my chin with his index finger. "I know, but i just wanted to make sure you got home safely." He gave me a small smile.

"I don't want this to become a regular thing." I said.

Who knows what would happen if we were caught being together. "I understand, Janice." He said.

When i came into the house I took off my flats and carried my things into my room. My aunt had a really nice house.

We didn't live in a subdivision type neighborhood but it was like in the suburbs kinda.

The reason my parents wanted me to move in with aunt Lisa and uncle john was so that I could have a chance to further my education like them. They met each other in college and have come a long way.

It wasn't easyvfir a negro to get into a good college so I knew I had to work very hard if I was going to pursue my dreams.

"Janice!" Aunt Lisa yelled.

"Coming!" I said putting on some more comfortable clothes and going into the living room where I saw Lisa pacing around.

"You called for me." I said putting my hands behind my back. Why did she look so worried?

"Darling, who was that boy that walked you here?" She asked looking st me.

My heart sunk and I bit my lip.

"I believe i asked you a question, young lady?" The middle aged woman asked folding her arms.

"He's a friend, aunty." I said nervously.

"A friend?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"Janice, be careful. Be very very careful. Them white folks ain't nothing but trouble."
But Justin was different.

"He's the only friend I have." I frowned.

She sighed. "I care about you, darling. Friend." She chuckled. "That white boy is your friend?"

"Yes. He's very nice to me unlike everybody else."

She waved for me to cone sit next to her.

"Are you sure he doesn't want anything from you? because this is kind of suspicious."

"Aunt Lisa, he just wants to be my friend. I need a friend, actually. Especially with what I go through in that school" I said and she frowned, rubbing my back.

"Aw baby, I'm telling you everything is going to be alright. What you have to focus on, is your school work, nothing else. Now I'm not saying to stop being friends with him, but remember, keep things on the down low and one thing, don't let that boy ever walk you home ever again."

I listened to what she said. "If you don't take care you're going to find yourself in trouble. I love you, darling I'm just giving you advice." She said kissing my cheek.

_

I went to my first period quite early. I didn't want to walk in late, neither did I want to get harassed in the hallway. I saw Justin talking with a few of his friends. I didn't want to embarrass him by making it obvious that we talk, so I just walked past him and into the class.