Chapter Nineteen

(Opie's Free; 2008)

The day had finally come for Opie to get out of Stockton. Ellyana was excited to see her best friend after years of him being in prison. She could still kick Kyle's ass over it, but she was trying to be a good person. He'd only get his ass kicked if she seen him again.

Gemma, Ellyana, and Raelyn spent hours setting up for a "Welcome Home" party for Opie. Gemma went and bought alcohol, and Ellyana and Raelyn bought food and snacks. Opie was going to spend his time at the clubhouse when he was first released, then he'd go home to Donna and the kids.

Kai had decided that he'd much rather stay home with Lora, since he didn't know Opie, and he thought he'd be pretty much crashing a party for being there when he didn't know the man. Ellyana tried to tell him that it didn't really matter, but that was one of Kai's things. He was big on respect and he believed it was disrespectful if he went to the party.

Once he met Opie, he'd be able to hang out at parties for him, at least, that's how Kai seen it. Everyone seemed to like how respectful Kai was, though they did try to talk him into staying for the party. He claimed he wasn't much of a party person, and he'd rather stay home with his niece. Ellyana knew that wasn't completely true, but she wasn't going to force him to come to the party.

Anyhow, Ellyana went home and dressed up for the party. She allowed Raelyn to wear one of her outfits as well. Even though Ellyana didn't fancy any of the guys in the club, she still wanted to look nice. She wanted to show the crow eaters just how pretty she was, and that no amount of scars was going to make her cover herself up like a nun.

A good bit of her battle scars were on display, but did she care? No! She liked the way she looked, and her scars told a story about just how strong she was

A good bit of her battle scars were on display, but did she care? No! She liked the way she looked, and her scars told a story about just how strong she was. She was able to live through an actual war between people, and she still looked gorgeous afterward. She was hurt, but she was a fighter, and nothing was going to stop her from being who she was.

Once she and Raelyn were ready, they headed to the clubhouse to wait on Opie. Jax had to go pick him up, since he wasn't supposed to ride his bike. That wouldn't stick long, maybe a week, but for today, they were going to follow the rules. When it came to their bikes, nobody was going to tell them how they could ride them or when they could ride them.

About an hour after Ellyana and Raelyn got to the club house, Jax pulled into the lot with Opie. Ellyana practically jumped with joy, as she made her way to the truck where Opie was getting out. When Opie was fully out of the truck, Ellyana wrapped her arms around Opie, and jumped up to wrap her legs around his waist.

"I missed you too, Ella." Opie said, chuckling lightly.

"I'm so glad you're out." She commented, and he smiled.

"Me too," He replied,"I also see that you're not serving anymore."

"I was badly injured, my shoulder is screwed. I was honorably discharged." She said, and Opie could see the pain she felt from having to be discharged.

"Why didn't Kai come?" Opie asked, and she was surprised that Opie knew of Kai.

If he knew of Kai, that meant that Jax told him some stuff on the ride back from Stockton, or he told him through a phone call. That meant That Ellyana wouldn't have to tell him and have to go through all of it again. It made her feel better that she wouldn't have to talk through that trauma again.

"Let's get inside and drink. There's plenty of time to talk while we party."Jax commented, causing the two friends to laugh.

Ellyana and Opie walked to the club house and went inside. Opie went straight to the bar with his brothers, while Ellyana grabbed some food with Raelyn. Ellyana loved chips and dip, so she was definitely getting some of that before everyone ate it all.

Everyone did shots with Opie, since they wanted to truly celebrate him coming back. By the time the sun was starting to set, Opie decided he needed to get home to his family. Ellyana offered to bring him home, since she was heading home as well.

"Thank you for helping Donna with the kids," Opie commented,"I know it probably wasn't easy after everything you went through." He added, and she shrugged.

"It kept me occupied, and besides, I'd do anything for Donna and the kids, and Lora really likes playing with Ellie, even if Ellie is older than her." Ellyana replied, making Opie smile.

"I wanna meet Kai and Lora soon." He said, and she nodded.

"Yeah, you can meet them tomorrow. Kai will be working in the garage, and Lora doesn't have school tomorrow." She answered, causing him to nod as well.

Ellyana dropped Opie off at his house and waved to Donna, before she drove to her own home. The moment she pulled in the driveway and stepped out of her car, Lora came running out the house with a smile.

"You're home!" She cheered, and Ellyana smiled.

"Yep, you two feel like having pizza for dinner?" Ellyana asked, as she looked up and seen Kai standing by the door.

"Yeah, I'll order." Kai replied, and the girl nodded.

Ellyana went inside and changed into her pajamas. She waited in the living room with Kai and Lora as they waited for pizza. She loved being able to just sit with her goddaughter and her self-proclaimed brother and just enjoy their time together. They didn't always get time to relax and do nothing, but for now they did, and they were going to enjoy it while it lasted...