Chapter 39 - THE DIVORCE

Tatiana Grant

"Do you still have any objection, Your Highness?" Kayden asked my father, and I wiped the tears from my cheek.

"I will give her abdication if you divorce her." My father turned to me, "Divorce her and leave her alone, and I'll grant her abdication." Kayden turned to me.

"Your choice, Mon Avenir. Just say the words, and I'll grant it to you." His blue eyes slowly lose their color. He never wanted a divorce, but he will do it if it means everything to me.

I believed everything that he said to my family earlier. I knew that he would do anything for me and would never repeat the same mistakes. I told him yesterday that I wanted a divorce, but I never meant it.

Our feelings are mutual.

Now he's asking me if I wanted one for my sake.

"If you want a divorce, I'll do it. You wanted to-"

"You said you'll never let me divorce you." I cut him, and I was sad to hear him ask if I wanted one.

"Tell me, do you want a divorce or not?" He asked me in a soft tone and wiped my tears. I shook my head, and he turned to my father instantly.

"My wife said no, but you have to proceed with the abdication either way. If you don't give her what she wants, I'll reveal the twin's darkest secrets." My father clenched his jaw, and Kayden looked at my father like he was a menace to society.

"She will never get her abdication unless she divorces you."

"Too bad. Her words are law to me. I have to give whatever she wants." Kayden grabbed my hand and intertwined it.

"You think you can defy me?"

"Just because you're the King?" I pulled his hand so he wouldn't cross the line. I turned to see Gabriel throwing his fist at Kayden. He avoided and kicked Gabriel's back, so he crashed the dining table.

"You had the advantage, and I got shot, so my left arm wasn't working, but... nice try."

"Should have picked Blake," Gloria commented, and Kayden chuckled hearing it.

"Two months ago, the Prime Minister of Spain went missing and was found killed in Germany. Have you heard of it?" Kayden asked Gloria, and she nodded. "Lockwood kidnapped him, tortured him, and killed him before throwing his body in Berlin." Gloria's jaw fell, and my mother looked like she would faint.

"Also, his part-time job is to sell organs in the black market. He's such a good seller that he's willing to find them organs as long as they're willing to pay him," Kayden added, and I shook my head. I knew Blake would always be up to not good.

"So... do we have a deal, Glenn?" Did he call my father by his first name? "I'll give you 24 hours to decide if you'll give Tatiana her abdication. If you don't give me any news about it, I'll show the twin's scandal to the world and make sure you'll embarrass yourself. Gabriel or Gloria won't be able to take over your throne." I pinched Kayden, and he turned to me.

"Yes, Mon Avenir?"

"That's enough," I whispered.

"What do you know about me? I don't hide anything." Gloria walked toward Kayden and she glared at him. She even grabbed a fork, planning to stab him.

"Do you want me to spill it here?" Kayden asked, and she raised her eyebrows. "Oh well..." He turned to my father.

"He's been screwing Keller for almost a year. She wants his baby and has been screwing him in the car. She hates the person you picked for her. What is his name again? Oh! His name was Donatello. His father named him after the turtle character." I almost laughed at his last statement. Gloria's face turned pale, and my jaw dropped when I realized Kayden mentioned Keller.

Keller's age is twice her age, and he's her chauffeur.

"Your choice, Glenn. I'm all ears." Kayden smiled.

"Twins, wait for me in my study." My father said, and the twins went straight to his study. My father turned to Kayden and me. I held his hand tightly, scared that my father would hurt Kayden.

"Go into your room, and I need a word with Kayden." My father said, and I turned to Kayden.

"You can talk to me in front of her, and I want my wife to hear everything you want to say." I nodded, and my father let out a sigh.

"I don't know what your intention is to my daughter, but I'm assuming you both have a deal that made you willing to help her because you both never met before."

"That's not true," I said, and Kayden turned to me. "I saw him at a horse race around seven months ago. It was one of the biggest horse races in Monte Carlo. I was there to pick Gloria up and check the race out. I saw Kayden from Gloria's waiting room window. He was talking to one of the racers." Kayden tilted his head to me, and I bet he remembered it.

"He never saw me, but I saw him. Something about him caught my attention. I think it was the way he talked to the racer and how he ended up patting the horse as the racer received his trophy." That's why when I saw Kayden again, I couldn't take my eyes off him. I never thought I would see the man who caught my eye seven months ago.

"He never treated me bad, Father. He always made sure I had everything that I needed to go to medical school. Let me surrender, and I promise you I'll live happily." I begged, and my father turned to my mother.

"We'll let you know within 24 hours." My mother said.

"Very well." I nodded.

"I hope you make a good choice so that you won't regret anything in the future," Kayden said, looking at my parents.

"You may go." My father said, and I pulled Kayden away from them. I took Kayden out of the palace, and I pushed him away.

"You were crazy!" I looked at him in disbelief.

"At least I hear you don't want a divorce." He smirked, proud of himself.

"We're getting a divorce after my abdication." I crossed my arms in front of my chest. His smile fell, and he nodded.

"Since you wanted it, then let's have a divorce. After your abdication, I'll send the divorce papers to you. I told you I'd give you anything you want, as long as you're happy... I'm willing to give it to you." With that, he walked towards the car.