Chapter 4 - BUSINESS

Tatiana Clifford

As much as I'm scared of being caught by the US government and my own family, sitting in front of Kayden Grant felt like going to hell and facing the devil himself.

His short dark brown hair was combed neatly, giving him a clean look. His piercing blue eyes are as beautiful as the sky and the ocean, but he can still intimidate people. His demeanor was dominant and cold. He's wearing a black shirt and pants. His muscles were so visible that his black shirt gave him a sense of power.

"I believe you have something for me." He leaned his body to his office table, staring me down like a kid being scolded. This is my first time being treated like this. Even my father never looked at me like that.

"I'm offering you a 2 percent share of the Cullinan Mine and a 5 percent share for Freeport in Indonesia," I said, avoiding his eyes.

"Forget about the Freeport. I want 12 percent of the Cullinan Mine." That made me look up to him like he's completely insane.

"No."

"No?"

"Then you can go back to London." He crossed his arms in front of his chest, raising his eyebrows, challenging me.

"I would like to speak with Clyde." I got up from the sofa, and he gestured for me to sit down.

"I said I would like to speak with Clyde," I repeated, and Kayden walked towards me, amused.

"Give me that 12 percent, or I'll send you back to London." He stopped a step away from me and leaned his face toward mine.

The only thing that I noticed was his blue eyes. It's not fair to have such eyes when he's a mean person.

"It's either I give you 2 percent, or I'll look for someone else to be my fiance." What kind of bravery did I get just now?

"Go ahead, let's see if they have the power to defy the US government and your family." He stood up straight and walked back to his chair.

"Fine."

"Fine, what?" He snapped.

"I'll be looking for someone else then." Tatiana, you're going to die in his hands because of this.

I grabbed my bags, ready to leave his office, when suddenly a big hand wrapped around my neck. Kayden pinned me to the wall beside the sofa, lining me with his shelf.

He slowly cut the airflow into my lungs and looked at me like he would kill me. He leaned forward to me as I tried my best to push him away.

"You've caused a lot of damage already, and I'm not the nicest man to let you go without payment. After that, you can find someone else to be your fiance." He said in a sadistic tone, "Cut that attitude, Princess. You need to behave when you're in my territory." I nodded, and he let me go.

I fell to the ground and coughed hard.

"I'll give you 3 percent as payment for helping me earlier. I'm finding someone else," I said without looking at him.

"What's this?" It took me a minute to look up because I was recovering earlier. I got up at the speed of light and grabbed the pink diamond from his hand.

"Kayden, what the fu-" The man who just walked in looked at me and Kayden back to back.

"What are you doing here, Young?" Kayden asked, and I put the pink diamond back into my bag. How did he find it anyway?

"I saw the news that you're getting married this year. Weren't you with two models yesterday in Toronto?" That made me turn to him, and I was not expecting to deal with a playboy.

"I'm Ares Young." The man introduced himself with a big smile plastered on his face. I smiled and took his hand, shaking it.

"Tatiana Clifford." Kayden grabbed my forearm and dragged me out of the office. I stopped him to grab my bags. "Nice to meet you. I hope I can see-" Kayden pulled me away, and we got into the lift.

"What are you doing?" I pushed him away, and he just pressed the number 3 button.

I looked around, and there were still people in the building. I wondered what kind of building is this. It's full of the newest technology.

He walked out without any warning, and I followed him. He led me to a meeting room and gestured for me to sit down.

"Let's hear your offer because this will be your last chance if you want my help, Princess." He sat down, but I was not in the mood to sit and talk.

"I'm going to give you 3 percent of Cullinan Mine share for helping me until I get into Medical School. It can be one year if I pass or one and a half years. I want you to pretend to be my fiance and protect me from my family." I said, looking straight at him. I held on to my bag tightly.

"12 percent, Princess."

"No, I can't give you more than 3 percent. Take it or leave it." I said with so much confidence and Kayden looked at me coldly. He was not having it.

"I will never take a deal that doesn't give me any benefits."

"How is 3 percent not giving you any benefits? The shares itself worth almost 70 million dollars. I'm giving you more than enough."

"This is a business deal, Princess. 70 million dollars is not enough to play as your fiance, let alone cover the damage that happened earlier. If you don't want to pay me with shares, I'll take that pink diamond." Dealing with Kayden will be as equal as dealing with the devil.

I'm looking for someone who can cooperate with me, not only a business partner but as a friend. I'm here alone in Seattle, I won't be able to make friends right away, I was expecting for Kayden not to be demanding.

"I guess I'll have to find another man to be my fiance then. It was nice meeting you, Mr.Grant."