Chapter 28 - EVENTUALLY

Tatiana Knight

Everything happened so fast that I couldn't keep up with it anymore.

I landed in New York with Kayden's private jet, and Blake was already waiting for me outside the plane. I got up from my seat, but Hugo stopped me.

"Ms.Knight, before you go. There are a lot of things that I would like to talk to you about." I sat down, and he sat across me. He took out his tablet and some papers for me to sign.

"What is it?"

"Mr.Grant decided to give you back the 12 percent shares. He gave you an apartment in New York to have a great stay and a team to help you get into medical school. Mr.Grant will also pay for all the expenses of your medical school until you graduate, and you don't have to worry about the news outlets. He will ensure that no one knows about you and that you can live comfortably under the radar. Tiffany will come here to assist you as usual by tomorrow morning." I looked at all the papers in front of me that Kayden wanted me to sign.

"So I won't be marrying him anymore, right?" I asked.

"Correct. He also made a restraining order for you against him and also against all the Bloodhounds members, so you won't be able to see him again or even be in one room with him." What?

"What? Why? Why do I have a restraining order against him?"

"I'm sorry, Ms.Knight. I can't answer it because I also don't know the reason for it." I ran my hands through my hair, and Hugo gave me a pen to sign everything.

"Mr.Lockwood will make sure you have everything you need here. He will help you get your abdication without having to marry him. Mr.Grant also guarantees that you will never go back to London in any circumstances except if you want to go there by yourself." He let me go that easily? Just after everything?

I was scared of him after what he had shown me, but how could it be so easy for him to send me off?

"Sign the papers, Ms.Knight, and you'll be free to go." I grabbed the pen and signed everything. I left the plane, still processing what had just happened.

Blake smiled and waved at me.

"Good to have you here in New York, Tatiana." Blake hugged me.

"Thank you." I pulled away, and Blake opened his car door for me. I got into the car, and he entered the driver's seat.

"What happened in Seattle?" He asked as he started his car.

"He showed me his dark side and decided to let me go after I asked him to send me to you," I said truthfully, and I turned to Blake to see his reaction, but his face remained flat as he drove away.

"He let me go all of a sudden. He even made a restraining order for me against himself." I can't believe this. What an asshole he is.

"Did he call you personally to pick me up?" I asked Blake, but he stayed silent. His eyes were glued to the road, and I decided not to say anything.

"Did he say anything to you after he showed you his dark side?" Blake asked after 20 minutes of silence.

"No. He only asked me what I wanted, and I told him I wanted to visit him. He led me out of his headquarters and sent me off." Blake stopped his car in front of a big building and took off his seatbelt. I followed him, but he prevented me from going out by holding onto my arm.

"You're free now, Tatiana. You don't have to see him again, and you'll have all the time in the world to concentrate on your school." I was out of words. I hoped he would say something about Kayden, but he didn't.

"Do you know what went wrong?" I asked, and Blake sighed.

"I don't think I need to answer that question for you. He doesn't mean anything to you, right? So I suggest that you move on and chase your dreams." Blake's tone was as cold as the North Pole.

"Is it because I reminded him of his mother?"

"Oakley will be waiting for you in the lobby. Your bags will be on your door in an hour. Enjoy your stay here in New York, and you can call me anytime if you need help." I stared at him, wondering how he also turned cold.

"Thanks." I got out of the car and walked into the building.

"Ms.Knight, my name is Oakley. I'll escort you to your new apartment." I smiled, and he led me up to the penthouse.

"All the furniture will come this afternoon, Ms.Knight. You will have everything you need by the evening, so we apologize for the inconvenience." Oakley showed me around, and it's a beautiful penthouse.

"Did Kayden buy this?"

"Yes, Mr.Grant reached out to us last night. He made sure that you have everything you needed." That bastard.

I took out my phone and dialed his number. He blocked me, and I decided to ask Oakley.

"Do you mind calling him? I want to speak to him." Oakley looked at me, confused, but he gave me his phone. I waited for him to pick it up, but he never did.

"Do you need anything else?" He asked as I returned his phone.

"That's all. Thank you." He left me alone, and I walked out to the balcony to see the busy streets of New York.

"You're here for medical school, Tatiana. It's a good thing that you don't have to deal with Kayden again. He's controlling, demanding, and a killer. He's bad for you, and you have to be grateful that he's returning the shares, letting you go, and-" I was trying to convince myself that I'll be fine, but my heart hurt.

I don't know why he decided to let me go all of a sudden when I already felt attached to him.

It's for the best, Tatiana. Everything will be okay. You'll forget about him eventually.