Chapter 19 - TROUBLE

Kayden Grant

Tatiana sat on my lap after having a make-out session. She was looking at my collarbone, where there was a big diagonal scar. She turned to me and then back to the scar.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, and I looked at her, hiding her hair behind her ears. "I didn't call or contact Blake. He just appeared out of nowhere."

"He's officially on my list for the next person I wanted to kill." She added as she intertwined her hand with mine.

"Yeah, I saw you pull his hair. Should have shaved it."

"Did you leave because of what he said?" Her green eyes met mine, wondering.

"I just want to clear my head." She nodded.

"What happened?" She traced her finger on my scar. I grabbed her finger and pulled her so she leaned her body to mine.

"How's your statement going?" I asked.

"I can't write. Eva suggested some things, but I was stuck." I slowly wrapped my arms around her, and I could feel her drifting to sleep.

This is the first time that my apartment feels like a home. She greeted me with a hug and even cried after not seeing me for a week.

I thought she would go with Blake. I gave her time to leave, but she didn't leave. When I opened my phone, there were 752 missed calls from her. That's the reason why I came back to Seattle.

I held on to her body and got up slowly. I carried her upstairs to my room and laid her down slowly. She was holding my shirt tightly, and I had no other choice than to lie next to her. She wrapped her arms around me like a koala hanging onto a tree.

I ended up falling asleep.

I woke at dawn and turned to see Tatiana still sleeping with her back facing me. I got up and decided to take a shower because I felt sticky. I went straight to the bathroom and jumped into the shower.

After drying myself, I walked out with a towel around my hips. I picked sweatpants and a hoodie. I wore my pants first and dried my hair when I heard a gasp in horror.

"Kayden," Tatiana called me, and I froze. I quickly put my hoodie on and turned around. I knew precisely why she gasped, and I'm not fond of it.

"Don't," I warned her.

"But..." I walked out of my room and went downstairs. Tatiana was following me, and I turned around, looking at her angrily.

"Don't ask," I said coldly, and Tatiana stepped back.

"Who did it?" She fucking asked when I told her twice not to ask. I closed my eyes briefly and leaned my body on the fridge.

"I told you our relationship is pure business, Princess. DON'T EVER FUCKING CROSS THE LINE!" I was out of control.

"Fine." She took an intense breath. "If you say our relationship is pure business, I won't ask again. I'll respect your decision by giving you space as much as possible. I hope we can mutually agree where we don't cross each other's line." She was calm and collected.

"From now on, I won't be asking you questions, and you can't ask me questions either. I will respect your privacy, including where you are, who you are with, your past, family, friends, and business. You made that clear, and you should do the same too. I will not be answering your questions either." With that, she walked back upstairs to her room.

Instead of going back to sleep, I decided to go to the headquarters to drive.

I exited my car from the headquarters basement and drove fast around the track. My head was filled with Tatiana, and it's been irritating me. I didn't stop until the tires blew up, crashing my car into the safety fence.

People came to help, but I left the car, ignoring their questions. I walked into the headquarters and faced Asher, who had just exited the elevator.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked as he looked at you from head to toe. "Babysitting problems?"

"You should have left me that day," I said as I walked past him.

"Why? So you don't owe your life to me?" I stopped walking when he asked that.

"Yeah."

"Go take a vacation, and you need it." He said, Not impressed with what I just said. Asher left the building, and I went down to my computer room. When I threw myself on the sofa, I knew I needed some sleep to forget everything.

Tatiana Knight

Kayden didn't come home again.

I decided to go out at 11 pm to see how fun it is at the club and the bar. I put on the shortest dress that I could find, which is a black satin dress that molds my curves like a glove. I put my hair up into a ponytail to show off my neckline. Don't forget about the red lipstick and winged eyeliner. After wearing my stilettos, I was ready to go.

I have already found a place that I want to go to, and I'm planning to go from the apartment to the back.

I dropped my phone on a flower pot before leaving, so I didn't need to worry about people calling or having Kayden find my whereabouts.

Tonight, I'm going to have fun.

I need drinks, music, and alcohol. Tonight's mission is to enjoy myself and figure out how to escape Kayden Grant. I'm so sick of him pushing and pulling me. One day, he can be nice, but after a second, gone, he turns into a grumpy old man.

After walking three blocks, I entered the club after showing my ID. The music was so loud, and I was so happy to be there. When I stepped inside, some men looked at me from head to toe.

The bar lured me into the club more, and I ordered my first drink. The bartender gave me one big shot, and I took it.

That was my first gulp of alcohol, and I couldn't help but smile at the empty glass.

"This is going to be a great night."