Chapter 31 - UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Kayden Grant

I stopped my car right in front of my parents' mansion in Paris. The gate slowly opened, and I drove in. It's so early in the morning that my father hasn't gone to work. Another car was parked in front of the fountain, indicating that either Zac or Gaston was there.

I got out of my car and walked inside.

I heard laughter filling the whole house, and when I entered the kitchen, everyone turned to me. Their smiles turned into frowns.

"What are you doing here?" Gaston glared at me as he put down the knife before him. My father was not impressed by my showing up at his house unannounced.

My mother, on the other hand, smiled and walked over to me. She hugged me and showed me that they were making breakfast together.

"What happened to your face?" My mother asked, but I ignored her question to glare at Gaston and my father.

I've always known that they left me out in everything they do together, but this time, it is different. My father gave Gaston a look, and they both walked out of the kitchen.

"I'm so glad that you're here. Are you planning to stay for a few days?" She asked as she continued making her soup.

"No. I actually won't be coming here ever again. This will be my last visit." She dropped her knife to the ground, and she turned to me. Her eyes filled with tears, but she knew I'd eventually have this conversation with her.

My father and Gaston came back to the kitchen. Gaston punched me and grabbed the knife from the ground, putting it right on my jugular vein. I was calm, but Gaston's eyes were angry, and I knew he wanted to kill me.

"You should never come back here!" My mother was screaming from the side, trying to pull him away. My father was watching it with amusement in his eyes. I pushed Gaston away quickly and turned the table over. I grabbed the knife from his hand and pointed the sharp tip at his jugular vein.

My mother turned hysterical.

My father was trying to pull me away, and my mother was crying. I threw the knife to the ground and started beating Gaston. When my father wanted to pull me away, I threw two punches at him. They both were lying on the floor with blood all over their mouth.

My mother screamed and smashed a plate on my head.

That's when I turned to her, and for the first time, she looked so scared of me.

"What a great family we have, Mother," I said sarcastically.

"Your husband abused you, cheated on you, and treated his youngest son like he doesn't exist, yet you still take him back and love him like he never did anything. Your first son crashed his car, killed three people, and raped his colleague. You welcomed him with an open arm like he's such an angel. Your second son gambled 2 million dollars, has a drug addiction, and has been selling child pornography videos online, yet you welcome him to your house and treat him like he's the most innocent boy in this world." I said as I looked at all of them one by one.

"I don't even know I was born to this family. Family full of fucked ups." I added as I took a step toward my mother. Her body was shaking, and her eyes were losing their color.

"It'll ruin everything you all have, leaving you nothing but your clothes. If I'm in the mood, I'll kill your two sons and your husband, then spread their remains in the garden." I turned to the garden and saw Gaston's reflection with a knife. I turned and took a step back. Since he was at full speed in killing me, it was too late for him to stop, causing him to stab my mother instead.

My father and Gaston were shocked. Gaston pulled the knife from my mother's stomach, making her bleed more.

I looked at the scene, bored.

"Mother, you've been a fucking ignorant all your life. You have your law degree, busy protecting others when you can't even protect me from your husband and sons. What's the use of protecting other people in need when you can't even protect your flesh and blood." Her eyes filled with tears.

"Call the ambulance!" My dad screamed at me, and Gaston cried as he put his hand on my mother's stomach. I took my phone out and called Hugo, and I could hear the gate being opened.

"Your family has been living a lawless life, and you've been sparing them every time, which makes them incapable of identifying wrong and right," I said as I kicked Gaston to the side. I squatted down to look at her and turned to my father.

"We won't be seeing each other again, and you will be kissing this place goodbye," I smirked before standing up. Hugo and the team walked into the mansion, and a group of doctors was ready to help my mother.

"Fucking hypocrite," Gaston said, stopping me from walking away. "What's the difference between you and me? You're in the mafia, and you're a fucking hitman! You kill people for a living!"

"And I'll kill you next time I see you. So you better fucking run away because I'll make sure to make it a slow death for you." I turned to him and walked towards him.

"I'm going to report you to the police." He threatened.

"I'll be happy to entertain you with that, and we can be in jail together because I just submitted Natasha's medical record to them." I clapped my hands like a maniac and laughed at him.

"I'll have Zac, too, in jail with us. That way, we can be jail brothers, right?" I added, and he looked terrified. Before he could approach me, one of our team grabbed him and put a handcuff on him.

"I'll see you in jail, Gaston. I'll visit sometime when I'm in the mood."