Chapter 12 - GRATEFUL

Tatiana Knight

Kayden sent Carlo away after calling my father. He didn't say a word until he asked me to follow him. We got into the lift and went down to the 2nd floor, where there's a photo studio.

"Sit there. You're going to take some photos," Kayden said, and I sat on the chair, leaning against the white wall. He had some staff to guide me and took a couple of pictures.

Then we got back to the meeting room. He made me sit across from him, and I looked at him nervously.

"Thank you for everything you've said to my father. It means a lot to me." I tried my best to smile because I appreciated him for explaining to my father.

"We had a deal, and that's how I do business." He went back to his cold demeanor again.

"Right, business. I did pay you around 370 million dollars for this. Thank you for the service." I said sarcastically as I leaned back in my seat.

His eyes were set on me. He looked at me like I owed him something, and I was not too fond of it. He's cold and has trust issues with people. I hate working with people like him because they only think about themselves.

"In two months, I'm going to cheat on you and pretend I'm pregnant with someone else's baby so you can make a headline where I do such a thing. I will admit to it and break up with you so I can go on my merry way to Boston and prepare for Medical School there." I started to tell him my plan, and he tilted his head to the side, entertained by my idea.

"I will find someone else to marry me and abdicate my title back in London so I can be free officially." The thought of freedom made me smile, but the process scared me. I was afraid to see my father change his mind.

"I know you said yesterday that I'm going to play by your rules, but I don't think it's a good idea. I know you don't want to marry me because it will prevent you from getting your needs. I understand where you're coming from, and I bet it will prevent you from getting women daily."

"Thank you for helping me this far. I appreciate everything you've said to my father. I will never forget your kindness towards me." I ended it, hoping Kayden would agree to it right away.

For a few minutes, he didn't say anything, which made me sweat nervously. All he did was look at me like he was planning to mutilate me.

"I'm impressed that you already thought about all the outcomes for everything after calling your father." I wanted to say yes but his stare intimidated me.

"I'm a man of my words, Princess. I'll be your fiance and also be your husband in two months. Everything that I said to you father was a promise from me to you, I will do exactly what I said earlier. Since you're so considerate about my needs, I have you as my fiance, of course you'll be the one who fill my needs because I don't cheat." My jaw dropped after hearing his last sentence.

"We will stay married for two years and you will be the one who divorced me. We will have a prenup ready but you will still get my protection until you get married for real to the person that you love." I'm out of words for this man.

"You will live with me and your apartment will turn into a space where you can study and prepare on your upcoming submission. You will apply for a part-time job and charities so you can add it into your record so the acceptance rate for you will be higher than before." He looked into everything, didn't he? I was surprised that he cared.

"I will have someone to help you check your medical personal statement and see your previous pre-med transcript. I will create a team just for you to help everything that you need to apply. Even though you want to get into Harvard so bad, you have to try to apply to other schools, in case Harvard didn't accept you." I guess this is his way of helping me, he might not be the nicest person but he's nice enough to understand how Medical School application works.

Someone knocked on the door and Hugo walked in with a small black bag. He put it in front of me and Kayden gestured me to open it. I was hesitant at first but ended up opening it.

There's an American passport, ID, and a social security number card. I took everything out and there were two bank debit cards, as well as a credit card.

"Mr.Grant, this-" I looked at him completely touched and speechless.

"You'll be Tatiana Knight from now. We already wiped all of the news related to your arrival and your escape here. That's your freedom as long as you follow my rules." My hands were trembling and tears filled my eyes. I got up from my seat and gave Kayden a hug. He was taken aback by my action because he just sat there awkwardly.

"Thank you so much." I pulled away.

"Stop crying." He said and I quickly wiped my tears. I looked at the passport and the ID in awe. It felt like a dream, I can't believe this.

"Hugo will take you home, if you dare to meet with Blake, I'll take all of this back." He said as he got up from his seat, buttoning his black blazer.

"Thank you so much!" I hugged him again, tightly this time. He didn't say anything, he just stood there like a pole. I stepped back and smiled at him.

He didn't give me any reaction to my excitement but I don't care. It's my way of thanking him.

"When will you come back to your apartment tonight?" I asked because I planned to cook for him as a thank you.

"Around 8."

"Don't eat outside, I'll cook you dinner."