Chapter 17 - REMINDER

Tatiana Knight

I've been sitting in the cafe for 5 hours, but nothing came out for me to write my medical personal statement. I tried to write a few paragraphs but ended up deleting everything.

Kayden told me someone would come next week to assist me in gathering documents and help with my medical personal statement.

I know what I want to write, but somehow, today was not the right time for me to make the statement. I closed my iPad and walked out the door to go around Seattle. There are still many places I want to explore and try some new foods.

My phone rang, and it was Mr.Grumpyface.

"Hello."

"Hugo will pick you up in a few minutes."

"What for?" I was waiting to cross the road when I saw someone I recognized. He waved at me, and I was too excited to see him.

It's Blake Lockwood.

"We're going to an event tonight." When the red light turned green, I ran towards him and put my phone into my pocket. I hugged him, and he twirled me around.

"Why are you here?" I asked as he put me down.

"I'm here for an event tonight. I was going to the cafe that you're in." He smiled as he put my hair to the back of my ear.

"How did you know I was in a cafe?"

"I have my ways." He grabbed my iPad and held my hand.

"You grew up well, Dove. You're even more beautiful than I remembered. It's been a few years since I saw you. I was disappointed you didn't come to me for help."

"I didn't know your contact, Blake. If I had known, I would have asked you for help."

"Where are we going?" He's leading me somewhere.

"How's Kayden Grant been treating you? Is he bossy and rude?" I chuckled as he gestured for me to get into the car.

"How do you know that?" I asked, looking at him suspiciously as I got in. "He said you both have a bad history together." He got into the car and asked his driver to go.

"He said that? Well, I'm so hurt by that. We're friends, Little Dove. Kayden is very dramatic, so, of course, he would say that." Blake chuckled, and I rolled my eyes.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked him curiously and

"You and I are going to an event this evening."

"What event?"

"Launching party, but it's being held at a beautiful garden. You'll love it. Are you down?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Yes, I'm down." Suddenly, a car crashed into the front of the car that I was in.

"Blake, are you okay?" I asked as I checked if he was injured or not. He chuckled, "Took that motherfucker 10 minutes to get here." He then got out of the car, and I followed him.

My whole body froze when Kayden exited the car that crashed ours. His eyes were on fire, and it was set on Blake.

"Stay where you are, Little Dove," Blake said without looking at me. He put his hands into his pocket and smirked, looking at Kayden, who was ready to kill him.

"It's been two years, Grant. Nice to see you again."

"I can't say the same, Lockwood." Kayden walked towards Blake.

"I'm here to get my little dove. I'll be the one who will help her abdicate her title and help her chase her dreams." Kayden flew his fist straight to Blake's jaw. Blake didn't even flinch. He started at Kayden right away.

"Why so mad, Grant? I'm just taking her away from you so you won't struggle. She reminds you of your mother, doesn't she?" What? What is going on here?

"Tatiana, get in the car with Hugo." Kayden turned to me, and I shook my head. "GET IN THE FUCKING CAR!" Kayden screamed at me, and Blake was the one who punched him this time.

"You're just like your father." Blake's words made Kayden step back and look at me one last time before getting into the car.

He drove away.

Blake opened his car door for me, and I got in.

I was still in the process of understanding what happened back there. Blake got inside and told his driver to go.

"What just happened?" I asked Blake, and he wiped the blood from the corner of his lips.

"You're coming with me to New York. I know he mistreated you."

"He never treated me badly, Blake. He's just cold and hard to approach, but that's it. You just assumed things! You didn't even bother to ask me!" I can't believe this.

I took out my phone and dialed Kayden's number, but he never answered.

"What exactly did he do? That guy is heartless. He never fucking cares about anyone, let alone a distressed princess!" I ignored Blake for a while because I was busy trying to contact Kayden. I tried calling Hugo, but he's not answering as well.

"He did many things to me, and I don't think you can give me any of it if I was with you."

"How about the time when the FBI came knocking on your door? He was the one who arranged that, and he wanted you to run to him. He wanted you to surrender to him." I looked down at my feet and saw the bandage.

I don't know how to feel about this.

"You said I reminded him of his mother. What is that even mean?" I asked and Blake looked outside the window.

"I guess he wanted to prove himself that he was not like his father. Which I doubt that judging by how he screamed at you."

"I'm not going anywhere with you. Drop me at Kayden's apartment, I want to talk to him." Blake ignored me and I opened the car door which made Blake freaked out. He pulled the door and glared at me.

"Drop me off at Kayden's place, Blake. I'm not going anywhere with you. You can go to the event alone!"

"Fine, I'll drop you!"