Chapter 36 - LOVELESS

Kayden Grant

Even though I'm not friends with Blake anymore, it's easy for me to get back at him for taking Tatiana away. I asked Hugo to look into Blake's activities these days, and he's been going to Vegas a lot.

After investigating him for almost two weeks, Hugo got a hit. He found a document that shows his marriage. It was an accident, and he's aware of it. She waited for him to divorce her, but he wasn't budging.

It was a perfect opportunity for me to give him the taste of his own medicine.

"Don't touch me!" Tatiana walked to the villa first. She wouldn't talk to me after I told her she signed her marriage certificate.

"I want a divorce." She said as she looked around the house. She tied her red hair up into a ponytail and walked toward the back where the pool was.

Instead of answering her statement, I decided just silently to observe her. Her face lit up when she saw the back of the villa. She even squatted down to feel the water.

"It's ours, Mon Avenir." She turned to me and glared.

"It's yours, not mine. We're not continuing this marriage, and I will file for a divorce." She got up and walked towards the balcony in our backyard with the beach view.

"We're going to London the day after tomorrow. I already contacted your family to proceed with the abdication and sent them our marriage certificate." I said, and she ignored me. I walked towards them and stood beside her.

"After the abdication, I'll file for a divorce, and you'll sign it." She turned to me and looked at my sling that supported my arm so I wouldn't move too much.

I turned around and leaned my body to the railing of the balcony. My eyes looked into her green eyes, trying to read her.

After everything that happened in The Ravens' headquarters, I had sleepless nights. Her words got me thinking, and she was right. For the first time, I admitted that I was wrong for wanting her to understand me thoroughly for my flaws.

Instead of changing for the better, I was hoping for her to accept me for who I am, which I know she already did, but hurting her again and again was something that I should fix. I had to trick her into marriage, or I'd lose her.

I'll never meet someone like her again in the future, and I won't repeat the same mistake of letting her be with someone else.

Last week, when I got back from New York, I met Clyde at the headquarters. He saw me with a sling and questioned me about what happened. I told him everything, and he laughed at me.

"You're falling in love with the Princess. I never thought this babysitting job would lead to something like this." I was offended by his statement about me falling in love with Tatiana.

I thought it was impossible. I had never liked someone before, let alone fall in love. Love was something that I never thought of in my life because I never received one, so how can I love someone without knowing how it feels like to receive love?

If I think about it, all I ever wanted for Tatiana was for her to have everything she wanted. Ever since she came into my life, I wanted her to feel comfortable, protected, and have everything she needed to get into medical school successfully.

From finding her someone to assist her in writing her statement, having someone to analyze her previous undergrad school score, having her apartment renovated so she can have a comfortable place to study, turning my home office into her room, forming a team to guard her 24/7, and made sure The Royal family won't take her back in any circumstances.

For the first time in my life, I took an interest in someone else's life besides my friends.

Not only take an interest, but more like I got too invested.

She took over my thoughts in the blink of an eye, and I couldn't think of anything else but her.

"I will not sign it," I said.

"I'll give you the shares back, and we'll call it even."

"Nah... The shares won't be enough for you to trade it with a divorce." She gripped the railing tightly.

"How much do you want?"

"The pink diamond, I want it." Her eyes widened when I mentioned the pink diamond that she had.

"You'll get nothing out of this marriage, Mr.Grumpyface. I'll just end up cheating on you."

"You can try. I'll make sure you watch me behead him." Her jaw dropped, and she suddenly did the unthinkable. She pressed the bullet wound, and I groaned in pain. She stepped back and put her hands on her hips, glaring at me.

"What would other people say? I will be a doctor, and my husband will kill people for a living. Correction: my husband kills people for fun." I smiled when she called me her husband, and her eyes widened, realizing what she had just done.

"I love it when you call me your husband, Mon Avenir."

"Stop calling me that, and you're not my husband." She pointed her finger at me, and I smirked, pissing her more.

"I am your husband. We're legally married, and I will not divorce you."

"I'm divorcing you after my abdication. I don't want to have a husband who kills for sport, who is cold and never appreciates me. I also don't want to be in a loveless marriage because it will be so miserable, and I want my husband to be a doctor as well." She turned around, planning to walk away from me.

"Who said it's a loveless marriage?" She stopped in her tracks. "At least not from my side." She slowly turned around, looking at me suspiciously.

"I don't kill for sport, and mostly my kills were directly to drug dealers who betrayed me and some criminals who stole some thing from me. I will fix my coldness and the part where you don't feel I appreciate you. If you want me to be a doctor, I don't mind getting into undergrad and attending medical school. Just say you want me to be a doctor, and I'll send and admission for pre-med. Lastly, it's not a loveless marriage for me. I love you, so... that statement doesn't count for me."