Chapter 6 - MISSION

Kayden Grant

I opened my eyes when I heard my apartment door open. I walked out of my room, and Tatiana was gone. I predicted she would leave early in the morning, so I sent Rex to stay on guard.

Rex reported to me, and I texted Clyde that she was gone.

I don't have time to babysit her anyway, so I proceed the day with my schedule. I went to three meetings today, and later tonight, I'll be attending a white ball for charity.

I was planning not to attend because I have an early flight tomorrow to Dubai for market research and to see the progress of our new headquarters there.

"She just got out from the apartment building, sir. I'll have Reese follow her now." Rex reported to me when I called him after I finished my first meeting.

Something about Tatiana hooked me last night. I think it was the part where she's so considerate. She doesn't want to bring people down because of her. She doesn't care if her image gets ruined to protect others.

"Report me everything through text." After that, I ended the call.

"Sir, everyone is waiting for you," Hugo said, and I entered the meeting room.

Rex: She's shopping for furniture and clothes.
Rex: Lunch at a Thai restaurant. Ordering lots of food.
Rex: Someone tried to hit on her.
Rex: She called someone and kept mentioning the name, Blake Lockwood.
Rex: She bought more dresses and make-up.
Rex: She's calling someone and making plans to meet them.
Rex: She's going back to her apartment.
Rex: 16th-floor unit number 1, sir.

"Sir." I looked up at Hugo, who was looking at me confused.

"What?"

"The meeting, everyone is waiting for your opinion." I turned to the screen and asked them to repeat.

"Is everything okay, sir? Do you want me to get you coffee?" Hugo asked after we finished the second meeting.

"Yeah, and I need an Advil."

"Do you want me to cancel the meeting?"

"No, we'll proceed with it." I grabbed the tablet from him and walked downstairs to my computer room. I tried to find Tatiana's file to find out how she knew Blake Lockwood.

Rodi and Oslo did their homework already, and there's a complete file of her. I went straight to her friends and family section.

Tatiana and Blake were friends because their mothers were best friends in college. Blake's mother was hoping he could marry Tatiana one day so he could have a title and be one of the elites. Blake left London when he was 17 and never returned there.

Rex: She went out again to a make-up store.
Rex: Someone recognized her, but she begged them not to say anything. The couple left her alone.
Rex: Another guy was hitting on her.

Fuck this. Why the hell am I investing my time in her?

"Stop reporting, dismiss, and get back to the headquarters," I told Rex, and he immediately apologized.

The third meeting went smoothly and ended early. I decided to take my racing car for a drive. I went full speed around the racing track to clear my mind before attending the ball tonight.

Tatiana Clifford

I walked backward to see my whole body reflection in the mirror. I just moved into an empty apartment, and I only got a bathroom mirror.

Tonight, I'm wearing a long satin black dress with lace details on the chest part. It's so beautiful and elegant. After debating whether to put down my hair or have it in a high ponytail, I went for a ponytail and put a black ribbon around it.

I put my pearl earrings on and decided to ditch the necklace because it would overpower everything. My makeup for today would be a simple one because I'm not there to stand out but to find a man who can help me.

I put my black stiletto on and sprayed some perfume before grabbing my small clutch. The ball will start in 10 minutes, only 15 minutes from my apartment.

I went down and grabbed a cab to go there.

When I got out of the taxi, people gasped seeing me. Tons of paparazzi were outside the building, and they blinded my eyes with their camera flash. Some even asked questions regarding my statement yesterday and that I didn't come with Kayden.

I went inside, showing the invitation that Clyde gave me. They were so shocked to see me, and I could hear people whispering and talking about me.

Mission number one: find Clyde.

Once I got into the ballroom, people made way for me as if I were Moses in the Red Sea, and they looked at me with curiosity and hatred.

My eyes caught Clyde, and I'd never been so happy to see someone I knew. He was talking to two men, and I stood behind him, which caused the two men to turn their attention from Clyde to me.

"Hello, Clyde." He gave me a nod and turned to the two men.

"This is Tatiana Clifford. Tatiana, this is Justin and Martin Easton. They own a company that makes boats and yachts." Justin put out his hand, and I took it. Martin also did the same thing. Clyde excused himself, giving me a chance to talk.

"We are all surprised to see you here, Your Highness." Martin started the conversation.

"Tatiana is fine. I guess I'll make another headline tonight." I joked, and they chuckled. We continued to talk about business, and they told me about their plans for the company. Justin and Martin are humble and down to earth compared to Kayden.

Then Justin introduced me to friends named Francesca, Ian, and Lucian.

Francesca owned a famous skincare company. Ian and Lucian were lawyers who owned a firm together.

After talking to them, I see Justin might be the perfect person to help me. He's open-minded, a billionaire, very humble, and down to earth, and he's currently focusing on his business in New York.

"Do you want to dance?" I asked Justin, who was surprised to hear my question. He looked at the dance floor for a second and turned his attention back to me.

"Sure." He offered me his hand, and I grabbed it. We walked to the dance floor. He put his hand on my waist, and the other intertwined with mine. I rest my other hand on his shoulder.

"I want to offer you something," I said to Justin, which made him raise his eyebrows, curious.

"Offer what?"

"I'm offering you a 7 percent share of Cullinan Mine." We both stopped dancing, and his jaw almost dropped to the floor.

"In exchange for?" He asked, but before I could answer, I could feel someone wrapping their arm around my waist, snatching me from Justin.

I turned my head around, and it was Kayden.

"Why are you offering a stranger your share, Princess? Care to tell?"