Chapter 11 - WRONG TURN

Tatiana Clifford

Early morning, Kayden brought me to his headquarters, where he had prepared some lawyers. I walked into the meeting room with Kayden, and there were twelve people inside who would help me transfer the share to him.

I decided to give him 12 percent straight up to get away from him. It's not about the money anymore. I need to attend medical school and have my freedom here in America. I can borrow money from Blake if I spend everything on med school.

He introduced me to everyone and started processing the transfer of the shares. Usually, it will take a week to process, but he had everyone from every division transfer the stake, so it'll take two hours to finish.

I followed the process thoroughly, and after three hours of sitting in the meeting room, Kayden successfully transferred the share to him. He kicked everyone out, and Hugo walked in with a man that I recognized immediately.

"Carlo." He's the man that my parents sent to see me.

"Your Highness, I'm so glad you're okay." He almost cried, and I chuckled.

"I'm fine, Carlo." I got up and let him take a seat on my seat. I moved to sit beside Kayden. I intertwined Kayden's hand, putting on a big show for Carlo.

"Carlo, meet my fiance, Kayden Grant. Darling, this is Carlo. He's my father's, right-hand man." I introduced Kayden to Carlo and vice versa. Carlo is in his 60s, and my father trusted him so much because he's a wise, kind, and loyal man.

"Nice to meet you, Mr.Grant."

"Likewise," Kayden said in a cold tone. He was looking at him, bored.

"Tell us what my father said, Carlo," I said, and Carlo nodded before looking at Kayden and me back to back. Carlo took out his phone and dialed my father's number. He even set it for a video call.

Carlo handed the phone to me, but Kayden took it.

"Yes, Carlo. Do you have Tatiana with you?" My father showed up on the screen, and Kayden showed my face first.

"Father," I said.

"Tatiana, what have you done? Why did you escape?" He looked so sad and disappointed.

"Father, you know that I've always wanted to be free. It's always been my dream to live outside the palace and live normally." My father let out a long sigh. He ran his hand through his hair and turned to the right. He showed my mother, who didn't want to talk to me.

"I want to abdicate my title. I am going to apply for medical school here at Harvard." I said confidently.

"Tatiana, I was not expecting you to do this. I thought you'd stop after you take Pre-med here. We let you take it because you said you would try to pursue art after you're done with it." I shook my head, and Kayden turned the camera to him.

"Your Highness, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Kayden Grant, and I'm your daughter's boyfriend." Kayden introduced himself, which caught me off guard.

"How come we never knew you?" My parents looked at Kayden suspiciously.

"We met in Royal Ascot, horse racing." I quickly said, "We exchanged phone numbers, and I had been secretly meeting him."

"Are you the one who helped my daughter escape? We know that you're a part of The Bloodhounds. So that you know, we will never forgive you for what you did!" My father was mad, and I turned to Kayden nervously.

"Yes, I did. I was the one who arranged it and helped her out. She always told me she wanted to attend Medical school here, and I only want her to be happy. She's been having a hard time coping with life, and I was the one who heard her cry almost every night." I got goosebumps when he told my father my condition perfectly.

"I hope you can grant her wish, and she wants to abdicate her title and live happily here by helping people around her. We all know that Tatiana has a soft and kind heart. She's not here in Seattle to play around. She wants to study and be one of the best doctors to help people in need." Tears filled my eyes because he said everything as if he had known me a long time ago.

"You don't need to worry about her when she's here. I'll make sure to take care of her. I'll get her a good environment to study and guide her to get into Harvard." I cried silently, hearing it. He told my parents everything I wanted to say to them for a year.

"If you think that you're daughter is not capable, then you don't know her enough even to understand her determination." I wanted to hug him so badly for saying it.

"And for this matter, I will be fully responsible for her life. I proposed to her early this year, and she accepted it. I will be the one who takes care of everything. She will have her full focus on studying in medical school for four years and proceed with residency for 3 to 7 years." Kayden held my hand tightly and caressed his thumb, assuring me.

"I hope you can understand Tatiana, Your Highness. Let her stay here and chase her dreams. You'll never regret seeing her happy doing what she loves." My mother was speechless, and she turned to my father, waiting for his response.

"Very well." My father said, and I squealed and cried at the same time. I turned to Kayden and hugged him. He let out a chuckle and kissed my cheek. It made my body temperature go out the roof instantly.

"Thank you, Father!"

"But on one condition."

"What is it?" I asked nervously.

"You can abdicate your title after you get married here in London." My whole body turned to ice, and I slowly turned to Kayden. "We've looked into your background, Kayden, and you seemed to have many female friends. If you love my daughter, marry her, and I'll let her abdicate."

"Father, we're planning to get married on December after I finish submitting all my submissions. Kayden is very busy so-"

"It's okay, Princess." Kayden cut me and he turned to camera to himself, "We will get married in two months, Your Highness. Let me finish some work while Tatiana starts to plan the wedding and prepare her submission to Harvard."