Chapter 37 - JEALOUSY

Tatiana Grant

What did he say?

"Did you just say that you're in love with me?" I asked because I think I'm being delusional.

"Yes. I'm in love with you, Mon Avenir." He stepped closer to me, and I pressed on his wounds. I ran away from him, completely stressed out by the sudden confession. I got into the first room that I found.

I screamed in that room, hoping that this was a dream.

It's too good to be true.

"Tatiana." He knocked on my door and tried to get inside.

"No!"

"Did I say something wrong?" Oh gosh.

"No!"

"Then why are you running away from me?"

"I'm just... I don't know!" I'm frustrated. I don't know how to react to his sudden confession.

"Hugo!" He called Hugo and disappeared. I opened the door slowly and took a peek, but he was not around. I got out slowly and tried to find him. He's outside near the pool, and Hugo helps him, taking off his shirt.

"What is he doing?" I mumbled.

Then, a doctor came into the picture, and the doctor looked so concerned. My heart was racing, and I ran out to see what was wrong. They all turned to me, but my eyes landed on his wound.

It's bleeding.

I bit my bottom lip, and tears filled my eyes.

"No... no... it's fine." Kayden panicked. He even shoved the doctor away. He stood in front of me, and the wound was actively bleeding. I pushed him, so he sat down on the chair.

"Please treat him," I told the doctor, and he nodded.

"I'm fine. I swear..."

"I pressed it... twice." The doctor turned to me, looking at me like I was insane. Kayden kicked the doctor to take his attention.

"Don't look at my wife like that, or I'll fucking kill you." The doctor immediately focused on treating him.

"Princess." I turned to him, and he smiled, "Don't cry. I'm fine."

"I pressed it." I felt guilt, and my eyes were stuck on his wounds.

"It's out of anger. It's fine."

"What do you mean it's fine? I'm a future doctor, for god sake!" I sat down across from him, and he smiled.

"If you feel so bad about it, you should kiss me." I glared at him for it. How dare he ask me for a kiss.

"You can kiss yourself in the mirror." I hissed, and Hugo chuckled, which made Kayden glare at him.

Kayden turned to the wound that the doctor had covered with a bandage. The doctor slowly put the sling around his neck to support his arm. Then he gave him some painkillers before leaving.

"Sorry," I whispered, hoping he wouldn't hear it.

"You're forgiven, Mon Avenir." He looked at me and smiled.

"Stop it."

"Stop what?"

"This."

"This what?"

"Kayden!"

"Yes, Mon Avenir."

"Stop whatever this is."

"You can't stop me from loving you." I wanted to throw something in his face. "I understand you can't return my feelings yet, but I'll patiently wait for you. I'm not good at waiting, but I'll live if it's you."

"Did Clyde tell you to say that?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Clyde is an idiot. He's not good with words. Sometimes, I told him to take more English lessons." Oh my god.

"And you do?"

"No. I'm not good with words either."

"I still want a divorce."

"I can give you anything you want, but I can't give you a divorce, Mon Avenir." He got up and walked towards me. I got up to get away from him.

"I want a divorce, that's it."

"No."

"I don't like you, Mr.Grumpyface." He chuckled.

"Then you should tell me why you are crying after seeing my wounds bleeding?" How can I explain that? Oh!

"I'm a future doctor, and I'm sensitive to seeing other people hurt."

"So you'll cry non-stop seeing people in the hospital when you become a doctor?" He was amused.

"Yes."

"Do you hate me?"

"Yes, I do."

"How much?"

"A lot."

"And you want a divorce?"

"Yes."

"Do you want it so badly?"

"Yes, I do." Suddenly, he took out a pocket knife from his pocket pants. He gave the knife to me.

"What is this for?"

"The only way you can get a divorce or be with someone else is when I die, so if you want it so badly, stab me here." He pointed to where his heart was. "This is your only chance, and I'll make sure everyone rules it as suicide."

His blue eyes locked with mine, and he pointed his heart again. I flipped the knife out and told the end at his chest.

"Any last words?"

"I love you, Mon Avenir." He said, still locking his eyes with mine. He grabbed my hand that was holding the knife and stabbed himself.

"Kayden!" I tried to pull it away, but he kept my hand in place. I screamed at him and started to cry. He let my hand go, and I threw the knife into the pool. He crashed his lips to mine, and I pushed him away.

"Are you insane?"

"You were hesitating. I was doing you a favor. You insisted on divorcing me, so you might as well give what you want." I slapped him.

"I will ensure you give me what I want after my abdication." I walked back into the villa and locked myself in the room that I was in earlier.

I laid on my bed and rewinded everything he said earlier. Everything that happened today was so overwhelming to me. He kidnapped me. He brought me to Greece, he confessed his love to me, and I signed my marriage certificate.

I fell asleep and woke up late at midnight.

I found Kayden sitting by the pool, looking up at the sky. He has his legs in the water, and he has a bottle of wine with him.

I walked out to get some water, and Kayden's phone vibrated. I found myself walking toward it, and there were many text messages from a girl named Vanya.

Vanya: I heard you're in Greece.
Vanya: Where are you staying?
Vanya: I miss you.
Vanya: Do you want me to come over?
Vanya: Do you want nude pictures of me?
Vanya: Baby, answer me.

All I wanted to do was throw his phone to the wall. I drank a glass of cold water and grabbed Kayden's phone from the counter, walking out to the backyard.

"Your phone has been vibrating." I said, and he turned to me, "Someone named Vanya is looking for you, and she wants to text you some of her nudes."

"Can I have my phone?" He asked, and I raised my eyebrows.

"Catch." Instead of throwing it at him, I threw it into the water.