SIDE QUEST 7

That part of Okinawa visit was the most memorable among all. For the rest of the vacation, we visited shrines, snorkeled, dived, ate fresh seafood, tried local cuisine, and other stuff I couldn't name since the names were new to me, and I was so ecstatic from my victory I didn't bother taking notes.

Two days went by like a flash. During the last night of the hotel stay, I went out the balcony and stared into the night sky, breathing in the cold night breeze while sipping on a cold glass of water. Not long after, I heard the sound of the sliding door behind me open, I turned around and it was Saeki in her sleepwear, which consisted of nothing but a loose t-shirt and shorts. She then leaned her arms on the railing beside me.

"I can't believe it. The tournament finals are getting nearer and nearer." She spoke. "Yeah, you ready?" I glanced her way. "I think so." Her voice sounded uncertain. 

"Where did all that confidence of yours go?" I nudged Saeki. "I dunno, Daikou, look even I can get nervous, you know?"

"You've been doing well so far." I reassured her. "Yeah but like, this is the finals, as in THE finals. If we failed to win, that would be a big bummer. I don't want it to be my fault." Saeki's eyes gazed into the distance. I sighed and subconsciously held her hand and made her look at me. "If you lose that confidence, then our shot at winning might be gone as well. Come on, don't worry, I believe in you." I said to her. The view of the night sky reflected on her hazel eyes while I stared her down. "O-okay, I get it... can you let go of my hand now?" She glanced away, with red on her cheek.

"Oh, sorry." I let go of her hand. Saeki let out a sigh. "Thanks for believing in me though, Daikou. You're right, we have to win this!" She smiled. Good to see that her spirits are back up. Morale is one of the most important things when working as a team.

Zoooooommm... Thud. brrrrrrrrr...

"Thank you for using Atmosphere Airlines. We hope we'll meet you again on your next flight."

This luggage is so heavy. How many family members does Mr. Kocho have??? He could've just bought several keychains and fridge magnets.

"Thanks for carrying all of that for me, Daikou. I'll put it on the back now. Uuurgh, Argh!"

Slam!

"Ichika, Nino, Tamade, Toyama, Tsurumaki, Mr. Kocho, and I. Alright. All is here. Let's go."

"Where are Saeki and the others?"

"They have arranged their own ride, Tamade."

After all is set, all luggages are in the van, the Shadow Hounds Toyota HiAce is on its way to Parts Planet. While riding on the expressway back home, I was busy fidgeting with my phone until two loud grumbles could be heard from behind us. We were in a tunnel, so the sound resonated all around us. Vrmmm... the sound became louder, and louder as the unidentified cars were getting closer and closer. "What sound is that?" Nino looked back. "Sounds like V12s." Achilles' keen ear noticed. Then,

Whoosh!

Two cars overtook us, one was a sleek, glacial blue Aston Martin One-77 while the other was a grey and carbon-fiber black Pagani Huayra R, racing side by side at high speed. "Woah, look at them!" I dropped my phone in awe. "Do you think they belong on a racing team?" I asked. "I dunno, they went by so fast I couldn't see. But I didn't see any stickers on their bumpers or anything, those rides were 100% clean." Achilles commented.