CHAPTER 27 - Hoshino's Date

Ichika and the nearby Awayuki sighed while agreeing to drive Nino around. We then headed to a cafe where I'm a regular at. I opened the door, and the woman, who is also the owner of the cafe, saw me enter.

The woman with short brown hair wearing glasses greeted me.

"Oh my, if it isn't Hozzai! Welcome." She greeted me softly with a smile.

"Hi there, Mrs. Hazawa!" I greeted her back. "I would like a cup of caffé latte, please." I let her touch her ordering machine. "And how about you, Hoshino?" I offered.

She said to Mrs. Hazawa, "And I want an iced caramel mocha."

"It's on me," I slipped.

"Ooh! You have some kind of special occasion with this girl, don't you?" The elder woman teased.

I shrugged, "Nope. Just celebrating my victory."

Nino and I got both of our orders, then sat on a spot I sat every time, unless this time, a partner was in front of me.

I started a conversation, "So, why are you interested in collaborating with me? There are a lot of car youtubers with way more subscribers than me."

"Well..." Nino puts her hands together in front of her. "My big sis told me all about you. After I talked with her about some things on the ride here, I think you're a pretty nice guy." She praised me.

"Sorry for making fun of you a little while ago." She apologized.

"Apologized for what now?" My mind forgot where he placed a piece of info to link it all.

"You know, the whole thing about Makoto, and telling you to stop."

My brain finally clicked. "Ah, no worries. After thinking about it, you have a point. I'll be more cautious."

I caught Nino staring at me with both of her hands under her chin, almost as if she was daydreaming. "What's with that look?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing." She glanced away.

Mrs. Hazawa then came to our table bringing some light snacks.

"Oh please, Mrs. Hazawa, no need for all this!" I refused.

"Don't worry about it, you're a regular here anyway, so it's on me." She set the set of sandwiches down. Nino's eyes immediately lit up and takes one sandwich, eating like a happy child. I sighed.

"Besides, darling... what happened to you?" Mrs. Hazawa asked Nino. I forgot she doesn't keep up with racing.

"Oh, these?" Nino rotated her arms and head, "Just an accident. I expect this would happen some time in my life, so no worries," she winked her thin eyelashes.

Mrs. Hazawa commented like she also got the pain, "That looks awful. You know, I'm worried that my daughter would end up like this."

I assured, "Your daughter is fine. She's fine and fit."

And wilder with a recovered '69 Mustang.

"It seems that you're her friend! I'm glad to hear that. Anyway, I still have the counter to attend to, enjoy your time!" She left.

"Now, about our business agreement," I stuck my palms on each other. "Let's work on a Youtube channel together once I have finished Victory Road. Nino's expression became a bit uncomfortable.

That expression turned into words, "I don't want to force you, but you should leave your racing crew, Shadow Hounds."

I stared at her anxious sights, "I know what you think. Let me tell you this, I have to do this, or else my whole career will be gone. My car and my house will become bank's properties. Because of that, I have to move out to my big bro in the Philippines."

Nino raised her arms to stretch. "Then again, I did say I won't force you. But in the meantime, I'll try my best to help you win Victory Road!" Nino offered her help. "Besides, my sister already told me your whole story. The whole debt thing..." her mouth started curving.

"Good luck with that!" I could tell that Nino was holding back a chuckle. "But, I really can DO help you in your journey. I know Victory Road is coming to an end, and since my win streak has been broken, I'm thinking of going into a hiatus." Nino explained. "And in the meantime, I'm here to help you! So then after it all ends, we can go out with each other - cough - I mean start our internet partnership! Wahaha!"

Tenonenonet! My black GSM phone sang a default ringtone. The screen displayed 'Kocho Kochira'.

"Hold on for a second, Hoshino."

Beep!

"Good afternoon, Mr. Kocho."

Crappy speaker transferred my boss' manly sound, "Hey, Daikou. Don't forget about our meeting at 5 p.m. Usual place. Things are starting to get even more intense, hahaha!"

Almost forgot about that! But, 5 p.m? Usually our meeting is at 6. Oh well.

"Don't be late, sonny," He hung up immediately.

Five p.m, right? Still 10.30 now.

I returned to the black haired girl who was playing with her phone, "Hoshino, any good places around? I'm kind of bored here."

"Oh, err..." Nino fidgeted with her phone while readjusting her crutch she was holding on her left. "There's lots of places I want to go, but with how I am now, I doubt I can go." Nino sighed. Oh yeah, she's still on her crutches due to her still-healing limbs. We still haven't realized that Ichika and Awayuki went home early.

"We could always try going to the mall... or maybe the cinema... ah! Agh!" Nino's crutch slipped out of balance and she was losing her footing real quick. With my reflexes, I immediately held her, stopping her from plummeting face first into the ground. I then helped her back on her feet.

"You okay?" I concerned.

"Oh! Yeah! Thanks." Nino was flustered as I could see her face visibly turn red.

"Why is your face red like that, do you have a fever?"

"What, no! It's nothing..." she glanced away.

I supported her to stand. "Let's get you to your home," I advised while we were heading towards my borrowed ride.