CHAPTER 18 - Secret Weapon

Fast forward to the present.

I visited Parts Planet at Mr. Kocho's request. I slapped a keycard on a door in the workshop, entered the Shadow Hound's headquarters with my RX-7. Two human breaths detected.

"Daikou! You've finally arrived!" Mr. Kocho walked towards me with a bouncy walk cycle, "Let me present to you my gift."

He opened a secured cabinet full of locked boxes. He picked the safest-looking one and supported it with his right palm.

"Behold! Shadow Hound's finest creation!"

It was a... supercharger...? The shape was strange, alongside its material.

"Amazing, isn't it?" He put it down on the table. "It's a prototype supercharger made to be as light as possible while still giving large amounts of air pressure into the engine." He explained.

"The turbine inside is made out of titanium covered in graphene, and the outside is made out of carbon fiber. As good as it can get, yes?" He described the item. "However, installing the part on your current car will be quite the challenge. BUT, I have a plan." Mr. Kocho put his hands together.

"We're gonna slap on another 2 rotors into that mazda of yours. Turn your Mazda into a makeshift 787b with this 4 rotor conversion. They'll never see it coming." He suggested. "Or we can always get you another car." He made another offer.

My ears must've deceived me. There was NO way this debt-filled racer would be offered such costly choices, FREE. My mouth said, "No," but my heart said, "Yes."

"You have to choose. Even though I'm not a walking car encyclopedia, I'm damn sure your old Mazda won't compete..." He waited. My heart said, "Yes." My heart said, "Yes." My mouth said...

"Yes."

He and I laughed, ready to execute this menacing plan.

"It's not just for your sake now, you're one of us now, Daikou." Mr. Kocho patted me on the back. "Now let's get 'er ready, shall we? We have lots of time." He glanced at my Mazda.

That same night, Mr. Kocho and I drove to the workshop he mentioned was a specialist for rotaries. A man with a mechanic wearpack was waiting outside when we arrived with my car.

"So this is the car you've been talking about." The man walked up to Mr. Kocho and shook his hand. "You know the plan, do your magic, Ken."

Ken winked. His muscular hands got back to work. They removed my slightly modified, well-kept 13B-T engine because it's going to be replaced with a longer, bigger, thicker custom four rotors engine. "SI7" was engraved in black on its metallic gray housing.

What on earth!? Is Mr. Kocho really supporting me THIS much?

Bonk. Bonk. I hurted my brains to keep it together, but to no avail. That was a reality. The upgrade was augmented with addition of Shadow Hound's turbocharger prototype. His fingers screwed it on the left side of the engine without screwing it up at all. Specialized rubber bushings inside sealed their connection, preventing unwanted gas leaks. As a conclusion, He carried his finished works with an engine crane, perfectly fitting it in its new home.

"It's gonna be a tight fit." Ken slowly lowered the large 4 rotor engine into the small engine bay designed to house a 2 rotor. With some tampering, it finally fit inside. The engine was bolted on, intercoolers were installed and set for the turbos, along with a high-grade fan to help cool the engine down. Ken then asked for my help to install the newly reinforced propeller shaft to the rear wheels.

After some time, it was done. On the outside, it looked like a regular RX7 FC3S. But when you started it up....

"Okay, let's start this baby up. Fuel, check, oil, check. Everything is in place." Ken slowly turned the ignition. The car then took a few seconds to crank.

weeeweee BRRRT VRRRM BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP!

Each rotation crackles the air around it. The intimidating sound of a Mazda 787B coming out from a small Mazda RX7.

"OHHOHO! HOHOHOHOHOHOHO!" Mr. Kocho laughed like a maniac.

My unconscious mind went, "Heheh.. heheheh..."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!"

My Mazda did not feel like my car anymore. It went feral. A beast, lusting for competition. My body was trembling in fear, doubting my own ability to be synchronous with my partner.

Can I handle this?

Mr. Kocho clasped his hairy hands. "I can't thank you enough, Ken. My, no. Our dream will finally be fulfilled. To be seen worthy by the Divine Dragon." "Now, Daikou," He looked at me with a stare of ambition.

"Let's roll."