CHAPTER 17 - Old Relic Restoration

Back to Daikou Hozzai's point of view...

I suddenly got a call from Mr. Kocho. He informed me that I took Ichika's position to participate in Wangan racing.

"What? I'm no expert in that division. I'm not sure if I could accept it, Mr. Kocho." I attempted to talk over it. I don't want to do it because the competitor is the one who shall not be named in a pink Audi R8.

His tone turned intimidating, "Hey. Remember why you came here. Obey, or else..."

Gulp! I was terrified as hell. Suddenly, he switched to playful, "Haha! I'm just messing with you."

I hate it when he does that.

"You're still attending wangan, though. But fret not. I have a secret weapon that will surpass Au-Auf-Aufers-something," My boss reassured me.

"You'll see later when you swing by the workshop. Besides, Saeki brought over a little gift that will greatly help you win the race against your nemesis." He continued.

My worry turned into curiosity. Gift? What could it be?

2 days earlier...

"Saeki, you DO remember the spot where your old father's car is right?" Chiya asked while driving the Hino tow truck Saeki requested.

"Of course, we ran off here, and ended up in this forest..." she squinted her eyes.

"Wouldn't it be suspicious if a tow truck like this enters this area?" Chiya nervously scans the area.

"It's fine, I can handle it." Saeki patted her chest. "Ah there, I see it!" Saeki pointed out the derelict hidden behind bushes. "We have to line up the towing winch and pull the car outta here, pray that the frame won't break..." Chiya and Saeki fiddled around the car.

Around 20 minutes of trying to push debris and getting the car hooked up to the tow, 2 footsteps could be heard coming from the trail. It was the cops.

"Well well, what are you two young ladies doing out here?" One cop raised his eyebrow.

"Don't worry, Sir. We're figuring out how to get this stuck tow truck out of the bush." Saeki smoothly talked.

The police scratched his head with non-existent hair, "Alright, do you need help?"

"We don't need it! It's fine." Chiya completed.

Policeman nodded and smiled a little, "Alright, then. Go on." "I don't know why you guys are doing so, but there was news of an old fugitive's car, we're trying to track it down. So if you somehow happened to find it, inform us." The cop added before leaving.

"Haha, yes sir..." Chiya nervously laughed.

"Didn't know this car had a bounty." Chiya wiped sweat off of her forehead.

Saeki chuckled, "My dad's kind of a crazy one back in the day."

After some time, they managed to get the car up on the towing bed, put a cover over it, and brought it over to the workshop.

"What do we have here?" Achilles crossed his arms, seeing a big payload arrive upon him.

"Something precious." Saeki lowered the car into the garage.