Chapter 20

Chapter 20.
.
Mfundo POV.
.
"I still can't believe you travelled 7 freaking hours for a dick." Karen was laughing so hard at me, we were at some restaurant catching up and this bitch wouldn't even let me get to the juicy part of my story with Shèyaa, all she has been doing is roast me for delivering the cake myself to Shèyaa. "Shut up." I rolled my eyes at her dramatic ass as our order was finally served to us. "Thank you." My eyes were now on my very appetizing pizza that I had ordered from this italian restaurant we were in. "That does not look good at all." Karen scrunched her face at my lunch but I ignored her dramatic ass and just continued admiring my lunch. "Lay off my lunch and concentrate on your pasta." I said looking at her dish, its also looked good as well just like how my lunch was also looking.

"So how was the dick? Was it worth the 7 hours you travelled for?" She asked as she now was stuffing her face with her pasta. "Glad to see you're now interested." I said as I also prepared to eat my pizza. "Girl stop playin, ya know I'm interested." Her being in America was making her lose her accent. She's speaking like them americans. "I see Trell been influencing you on your speech." I teased but she rolled her eyes at my comment. "Girl I'm waiting."

"Well it was worth it, Like damn." I smiled so hard when I thought of last night and this morning. Damn Shèyaa was just so good at this, he makes me want to do this with him all over again.

"Hey, earth to Mfundo." Karen snapped her fingers in my face making me snap out of it. "Sorry but God Karen the things that man was doing to me." I bit my bottom lip and smiled so hard. "Damn, it was that good?" She asked with her mouth open. "Yes. It was that good." I was smiling so damn hard at myself. "Like damn. Better than Drew?" She asked and my smile fell instantly. "Are you being serious right now?" Why is she always mentioning Drew around me? Like that shit is getting irritating. "I'm sorry but he was your first and you've never talked about how it was with him." I swear I wanted to throw the hell up. "Just know Shèyaa is that good and he's an amazing guy. He is way better than your favourite Andrew!" I emphasised on each word that left my mouth. "Okay, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have mentioned Drew, its just I really did hope that you and him were going to find your way back to each other." She confessed but I just kissed my teeth. It has been almost 4 freakin  years since him and I broke up. My friends needed to get over it especially Karen. "I love Shèyaa. With my heart. Drew was my first and at some point maybe I was inlove with him but he's with Kim, they have a kid together and he's happy and so am I so please can you please refrain from mentioning him everytime I'm around you." I spoke quietly, she kept quiet for a little while before she nodded. "You're right, I'm sorry M." She held my hand and I held it back. "Its cool, anyways, Shèyaa wants me to meet his friends today. I'll feel out of place being all by myself with only his friends." 

"I don't know Mfundo, Trell is going to have a problem with that. I mean that's their opps we're talking about."

"Their what?" I asked looking at her, I was confused. What the fuck she is talking about. "They are rivals and they will kill each other if we keep pining them together." She warned but I shook my head. "Shèyaa said that was just for clout. That ain't real." I chuckled but she looked at me like I was out of my mind. "Mfundo this ain't a joke. Those lyrics you listen about them being gangsters is them saying the reality of their lives." She took another spoon of her pasta. I mean deep down I knew she could be telling the truth but than I convinced myself that the only reason Shèyaa even took a gun out that day on that journalist was to protect my honour. He wasn't no damn killer and definitely no gang member. "Okay maybe you're right about pining them together but that's all I think you're right about." I said closing this topic but she shook her head. "Okay Thomas." I rolled my eyes at that answer from her. We continued with our lunch and even ended up catching up about our friends. Priya was studying to be a doctor,just like Karen. Lwazi was doing science. I guess we were about to have 2 doctors, a scientist and Amanda was studying law and there was me the business person. This was about to be hell of a great group. We even ended up face timing all of them one by one. I really did miss my friends but I knew that we all had to find our way in this world. Right now I was standing next to Shèyaa's car which I was using for the day. "Thank you for lunch." Karen hugged me and I embraced her. "I would invite you over to my boyfriend's place but ke you're an opp." I mocked her which earned me a huge laugh. "Bitch fuck you." She laughed now letting go of me. "Tomorrow we're going to be seeing New York. Like all of New York." I didn't even have a choice in this outing she has planned. "Okay Karen cause I have no plans with my boyfriend. I'll spend my whole day with you." Sarcasm filled my tone. "Well your boyfriend will be busy with celebrity duties and so will mine so we might as well pass time instead of waiting for them at home." She looked genuinely happy and I loved that for her. Trell was good for her. "Well tomorrow it is." I laughed and hugged her for the last time. I kissed her cheek before I got in my car and I waited for her to get in hers. We both drove away going our seperate ways.
.
I was back in Shèyaa's house. He still was not back so I decided to cook him some food so when he comes back he'll come back to some warm food. I was busy on the kitchen when my phone rang and it was Thandiwe. "Sis." I answered happily. It has been a while since I heard her voice. "Hey sis, so you don't call your sis no more?" She was being dramatic as she always is, I did call her often, it just has been a hectic week this week with school and of course dating some rap king. "Drama."  I laughed at her dramatic ass.
"Is it that tattooed up guy you're busy with now."