Chapter 9.

Chapter 9.
Continuation.
.
Mfundo POV.
.
“So like you and Drew?” Amanda whispered, we were at some museum looking at these beautiful attic things they have here, I was only here because they kept complaining about how I really was about to leave without seeing New York so I decided to join them. “I don’t want to talk about it Amanda.” I whispered back as I admired this huge dinosaur fossil in here.

“Well he can’t keep his eyes off you so just tell me if you’re messing with him again.” She spoke trying to touch this fossil but she was stopped by a worker here. “No touching.” This lady said and I saw Amanda give her a fake smile before she returned her attention to me.

“No we’re not, we just kissed, it was a mistake and it shouldn’t have happened. That’s all.” I said to get her off my case. “It’s the start of something, it feels so right  to be here with you ooh and now looking in your eyes I feel in my heart.... a start of something new.” Did this bitch really start singing high school musical for me.

“Shhhh.” I could tell this woman was getting annoyed by Amanda and quite frankly even I was getting annoyed by Amanda. There was no start of anything between me and Drew. We were over and that’s all there is to it. Yes I did love him but I wasn’t no home wrecker. Kim already hated me I wasn’t about to give her more ammunition to hate me so yes I was going to stay as far as I can from her husband no matter how much I loved him.

“I’m gonna leave early. I can’t miss my flight.” I said now my eyes on my watch. I saw her now wear a frown on her face but I really needed to leave before I found myself back in Drew’s web, he just kept sucking me in so I needed to move away from him and quickly. Deep down I did wish he wasn’t married but that was wishful thinking cause he indeed was married and not to me.

“I really wish you could stay.” She said now being serious and I kissed my lips and just took this huge breath. “I wish I wasn’t in love with him anymore.” I sighed my eyes falling on Drew who was busy admiring some African spear that was closed off in this glass and Priya was admiring it with him.

“Kim just needs to erase herself from this equation, she is not needed at all.” Amanda said that now  walking away from this dinosaur we were looking at and now she found some painting that consisted of some African village which was burning and the people in the picture were crying.

“This is nice.” She said walking closer to the picture but I just decided to leave her admiring this picture and walked over to Drew who was standing with Priya. They were laughing about something amongst themselves. “Uhm can I talk to you for a minute?” I disturbed them and he didn’t hesitate to nod. He walked towards me and we walked to some corner. “Look about last night. It shouldn’t have happened. I’m sorry I let you kiss me.” I said really fast but he got much closer to me. “I can’t hear you.” He leaned really close to me almost like he was about to kiss me once again.

“I said it was a mistake. What happened was a mistake.” I said trying to stand my ground, I think he was trying to see if I had guts to repeat myself.  “Look I need to go. I’m gonna be late if I don’t leave now.” I said and attempted to walk away from him but he quickly grabbed my hand. “I’ll drive you back to the palace.” He didn’t even give me a chance to protest. I allowed him to walk us out of this museum. We were walking towards his car when we heard flashes coming our way. I quickly got in the car trying to hide my face with my hands but I knew they had already taken a picture of my face. “Are y’all back together? Does Kim know about this? Is your marriage to Kim over? Are you cheating on your wife!” I could hear them shoot question after question to Drew who just ignored them and got in his car and just sped off.

The whole drive to the palace was quiet. The moment we got there I got out of the car and left Drew doing whatever on his phone. I think he was probably calling his wife to let her know the gossips columns were about to publish lies about him and I won’t lie I felt an ache in my heart when I thought of how he wasn’t mine anymore but there was nothing I could do about it.