Chapter 14

Chapter14.
.
Mfundo POV.
.
3 years later.

It has been exactly 3 years that I had moved to the United Kingdom and as much as I still kept to myself majority of the time but I had managed to make a friend, her name is Afryea, she's from Ghana but I just call her A or Freyah cause I still couldn't pronounce her name as I should. Afryea comes from a privileged background like myself but wished she was born normal not poor but normal and that was the story of my life as well so I guess that was our friendship foundation, we hated being rich. Never even flaunted it except for the cars we drive now those ones just gave us away. My dad was still playing hard n seek with me. 3 years and I have never seen him like geesh why did he even suggest I move here.

My birthday was fast approaching and your girl was about to turn 22 and my friends have already planned it and booked us a weekend away where we were going to have the time of our lives. Drew and Kim were still going strong, they even had a baby now, a baby boy and I was at a stage where I was like genuinely happy that he was happy. Me and him hadn't seen each other or spoke to each other for the whole 3 years which was good for me.

"This taste divine." I said taking another scoop of my ice cream. Me and Afryea were at this ice cream place called delights that we had made our favorite. "You literally say that every single time you buy something from her." She laughed whilst shaking her but I rolled my eyes at her. "Shut up." I walked away from her and she followed me. "So what are you doing for your birthday?" She asked as we indulged ourselves in our ice creams. "I don't know but me and you are going to be hanging out in the Bahamas from Friday and we're coming back Monday." I squaled excitedly even busting some piano moves. "Really, like your friends cool with you bringing me along?" She asked nervously but I just laughed at her scared little ass. "Yep and they gon love you." I assured her and that's when she nodded. "So what do you want for your birthday? What do you actually buy someone who has everything?" I could tell she was thinking hard but I just giggled at her serious ass. "I want 21 Savage." I wiggled my eyebrows but she frowned instantly. "Bitch no that's my man." I knew she was this top fan girl of 21 Savage, she's the one who even introduced me to his music so I also started developing a crush on him. "But he's so fineee!" i whined like a little girl which made her laugh. "No, He's mine. Off limits and beside you've already dated a rapper, get you a baller now not my 21 Savage." I just laughed at her crazy ass. "Okay can we atleast go to one of his concert. Like you have made me his fan for real."

"I can live with that so what are we binge watching on Netflix tonight?" A was such  huge fan of movies and series and me I was such a bookworm. I'll rather read some book than watch tv but I did give her an hour before I logged on to my phone and read some book.

"You know I don't know shit bout netflix, thats you right there."

"Nerd." She huffed. "Shut up." I nudged her as we made our way to the apartment that we were sharing. A year into our friendship we decided to move in together and I have never regretted it. This girl was such  bliss to live with.
..

My birthday came and I was like super excited for this birthday, I don't even know why cause usually I hated celebrating my birthday but this year was different and I couldn't wait to let loose and just be free. All I've been doing is work hard and drown myself in my books which was a good thing but I hated that I was so engulfed in this whole me taking over in a year to come that I had forgotten that I'm still a young woman and I need to live. Hell I haven't dated since Drew. I'm so sure I was a virgin again. I needed someone to give me some Marvin Gaye sexual healing not that I craved it but I wanted someone to do it with.

Afryea and I were the first to get to our holiday accommodation mainly because we live way closer than whole lot of my friends and let me tell you, this place took my breath away. I love anything that has water so I was definitely inlove with this place. After we were helped with our bags we just walked around admiring this place as we waited for my friends. We were busy goofing around when we saw this fine ass guy, he was with some guys and it seemed like they were just arriving. My eyes stayed on this guy's eyes and his stayed on mine as well but he still walked pass me and my ass was hoping he would say something or like ask for my number or something.

"Okay we found our boyfriend for the weekend, whooo chile." A was even fanning herself like she was feeling hot snapping me out of my disappointed state. "What about 21?" I said in adlib 21 like the rapper always does. "Fuck him." She carried on fanning herself and thats when I began laughing so hard at her. This one was something I tell you.
..
Drew POV.
.
Me and my friends, Kim and Karen as well had just got to the Bahamas. My friends and Kim included insisted I come out here after I had said no especially when they told me we were here for Mfundo's birthday. I don't want shit to do with that heartless bitch but here I was because I let Kim manipulate me into coming here. She was like I still had feelings for Mfundo thats why I ain't tryna be in the same space as her but if only she knew that I dont want to be in the space as Mfundo because I'm scared i might kill her stupid ass so yeah Kim didn't give me much of a choice even though I had commited to her ass for 3 full years  and we even have a son together.

We had just walked in the Atlantis Paradise island and it was packed here and if I wasn't here for Mfundo's dumb ass birthday this would have been a very lit weekend. I was looking around this place when I heard a very familiar laughter, I followed that sound with my eyes till they landed right on her. She was laughing so hard about something with this lady who almost looked like her. Maybe it's her cousin or sum. I wondered how could she be this happy when she broke me so much. She should still be dealing with guilt for what she did to me. What was there to be happy about after what she had done. "Mfundo!" Karen started yelling as she ran leaving her bags with us and I saw that Mfundo was searching for whoever was calling her and Karen made sure that even the passer bys knew Mfundo's name at the way she was screaming and Mfundo finally noticed and thats when she ran over to her and they hugged being all girly. "I'm going to my room." I said with this huge breath that I hadn't noticed I had hung in there. "Will you chill." Trell said before making her way to Mfundo and Karen. "Yeah man relax." Mario also made his way over to her.

Soon they brought Mfundo our way and the moment she saw me she just started laughing bitterly. "Not this again guys." She said tiredly throwing her hands up like really like everybody just defeated her. Her eyes never stayed on mine.
"Mfundo. I'm the one who actually uhm suggested that we needed a break and this came." Kim spoke softly but I never dared said a thing. I was just flaring my nose like crazy. I dont even want to be here.

"Karen really, You gon ruin my birthday just like that?" Right after those words she walked away from here grumbling like some little kid. "I told your ass to tell her." Trell said to Karen who now looked really sad. "I wasn't even the one who came up with the idea that you guys should be here. You did."

"But she your friend. You should have told her that his skinny ass was gon be here as well cause I know she don't hate nobody else but him." Trell pointed at me like I did something to Mfundo when I ain't do shit. "Shut the fuck up. I'm going to find my room." Just like that I walked away and left them standing all together.
The fuck she gon act like she was done wrong when she is the wrong doer.
.
Unedited