Chapter 1

Chapter 1.
.
"Damn I missed you." Jay said as he tightened the hug but I really didn't know how to act right at this moment so I stood there frozen. "I'll go make some snacks so we can catch up Jay." That was Thandiwe's voice which made Jay let go of me. "Uhm you look amazing." Jay said his dark eyes on mine. "What are you doing here Jay?" I finally asked a question I should have asked the moment I laid my eyes on him. He kept quiet for a few seconds before he took this deep breath but my eyes never left his. "I fucked up M by leaving you." he said, I could hear the regret in his voice or he is just good at faking it.

"You didn't even say goodbye." my voice was barely audible. He tried to touch my face but I moved away from him. "No." I whispered before I took a seat on this couch here. "Mfundo look, I fucked up okay but you were going through a lot and I knew if I told you about the opportunity I got for that overseas gig you wouldn't have let me go." He took a seat next to me. "So you chose to abandon me Jason?" I asked as tears filled my eyes making me swallow a lump. "I'm sorry Mfundo, I was stupid." He apologized taking a hold of my hand. "I really am sorry." His hand caressed my face but it just made my emotions rise and I found myself pouring all my tears out. He pulled me into this tight hug. "I'm here now Mfundo and I'm not going anywhere ever again." he whispered leaving a few kisses on my hair. After a few minutes I managed to calm down and just laid in his arms as our memories invaded my mind. Jason was my childhood sweetheart, he was that guy that saw something when everyone just saw some rich kid who could get anything she wanted. He chose to know the real me and I fell in love with him, I had even imagined our future together and than 3 years ago, he disappeared with no letter, no goodbye, no nothing, didn't even give me any sign that he didn't want us anymore, he just left like I never meant anything to him. I tried looking for him to no luck until one day I saw him on TV, he was living it large in LA while I stayed here and pined for him.

"Snacks are ready." Thandi walked back in the lounge with a bowl full of different snacks. I pulled away from Jason and fixed my face. "Damn Jay, we missed you, you could have told us you were leaving to follow your dreams in the States to avoid having my sister crying like a maniac you know." Thandi said sitting next to me  and I saw Jay give her an uneasy smile, she was clearly making him uneasy. That was Thandi for you, she knew how to make a person uncomfortable. "Yeah I fucked up." Jay said in low voice but loud enough for us to hear him. "Damn right you did but at least you guys are working things out now." Thandi gave us this cheesy ass smile, my sister always loved the idea of me and Jason but if only she knew there was never going to  be a me and Jason ever again. My heart would never be able to forgive him for what he did but I do hope that it could atleast forgive him to give him a space for friendship. "Mfundo I was telling Jay here that tonight we are hitting the club." Thandi said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Club? You only 16." I said like I didn't hear her right. "Yeah and I'm also a Jones. I can get anything I want." she said which made me roll my eyes. "Uh really, we'll see what grandma will have to say about that when your face is all over the papers." I said but she laughed like I just said a really funny joke. "We'll make sure we keep you guys out of the cameras." That was Jay who butted in but I shook my head no. "You guys go ahead, I'll just have a movie night beside I have a lot to finalize about the Gala event." I stated honestly but Thandi shook her head no. "Oh Cmon Mfundo, you have people who you are paying tons of money organizing this dinner and beside they always do a great job. You need a break sis. Come on." she gave me her puppy eyes and I knew she was going to nag till I finally gave in so I did. "Ugh fine." I said getting on my feet. "Let me do some studying since I won't be doing any tonight." I said taking my backpack. "I guess I'll see you later tonight Jay." I said and he smiled and nodded. I made my way to my bedroom where I dropped my whole body on this soft bed and just closed my eyes for a moment.

Later on Jay came to pick us up and this time there was no telling our guards to not come with us so they followed us with their car. When we got the club Jay made sure we got in from the back where there wouldn't be any attention on us. The moment we got in the club the noise hit us so hard and let not forget the lights that were hitting my face, I had to blink a couple of time so my eyes could adjust to them. Jay moved us to the VIP when he got there, he dabbed with some guys that I did not know. To say I was uncomfortable would be an understatement, right at this moment I really hated my sister for even convincing me to come here. "Let me introduce you ma." Jay said in this American accent so clearly these are his American friends. "This is my girl Mfundo Jones." he said and I would have corrected him but the look on these guy's faces said they've done heard a lot about me. "Damn you're more beautiful in real life." one guy said taking my hand and placed his lips on them. "I'm Trell, That's Mario, Jayden and that one is Quan." he introduced all these guys in front me. I waved shyly at them. "We're missing one, Shaun, he's gon be in late." Trell said and I nodded. "Well I'm Thandi Jones since nobody wants to acknowledge me." that was my sister whining which made this guys laugh lightly at her before they pulled her into a hug. "Let party now that we're all acquainted." He said and called a waiter and indeed the party began.