Chapter 20: Mayu's Wish

Mayu pov)

With the war over, dark clouds hang over the loss of her mother, the queen of Nazurick, Yuki oni, and the elementals. Everyone cried and wanted to bring her back, but her brother didn't wish to decline the wish that she had asked of him before

Her uncle ainz revealed that her mother wanted her death to be by him, but since this incident happened, he couldn't deny her wish that she didn't die in pain and that she died peacefully.

"She gave her life up to protect her family. Her kids, her new children born after her death...thank you all for giving Angel, my sister, the best life she could ever have. You all made her so happy."

Ainz said there was a big Memorial outside Nazurick so everyone could gather around and give their final words to the queen, who lay in a golden casket surrounded by white roses. She was wearing a white dress with pearls made from her tears wrapped around her right wrist and left ankle. She was sleeping peacefully and finally was able to rest; she was even more beautiful even in death as her beauty seemed to never Weaver. It was a long line for everyone to speak their last words before she was put to rest.

Everyone from Yuki oni and the Elementals made it long. Her grandmother and grandfather were broken; they said their goodbyes and kissed her cheek, wishing her happy dreams.

Faiya and the others were distorted. Lilly blamed herself for leaving her alone; faiya didn't want to accept her friend's death as she was screaming and crying, begging her to wake up. Sugar prayed for her, as did Whisper who cried.

But no one saw the real pain mayu suffered. She didn't want to go to the funeral, and she felt like her mother's job wasn't done yet. She didn't want to say goodbye to her mother. She watched from the window as yue and noah cried, holding each other. Eine crying never stopped, and he didn't want to leave his mother.

"No, this can't be how it ends."

A flashback of mayu and her mother came to her as she wiped her tears.

"Mother, don't leave me, please!"

She cried as she fell to her knees

"She's not gone"

Came a voice as mayu turned to see that fox lady mimi her mother talked to sometimes, she didn't remember seeing her a lot, but she knew her enough to know that this fox lady knew things mother didn't

"What do you mean?"

Mayu asked, standing up and looking at the fox girl, who smiled

"You know what I mean. You can change the fate of time if you want, but that is only if you can dig deep enough to make the clock reverse"

"What are you talking about, reverse the clock?"

She asked her, not understanding; the fox lady seemed to talk in riddles or wasn't making any sense to her