[beomgyu] • pillows

Pillows.

The space and surface you cry on.

The only one who could hear the faint sobs hidden by the child in you who was forced to grow up too early.

All those painful memories, those little things that seemed to never matter but cost a big part of who you could've been—only your pillow has seen it all.

•••

To not have anyone to run to when engulfed with harsh memories is nothing short of the feeling of drowning.

Your sorrows would come one morning, leave during the night, and sometimes proceed the other way around. Either way, it was a cycle that never seemed to end.

With such a long time of having to live a silent and cold life, you kept up to it. You were as silent and cold as you were forced to become. You thought emotions were fragile pieces and they weren't necessary.

After all, every time you cried as a child because you felt unheard all your parents said was, "Don't cry. You're being overdramatic. It's not even that big of a problem."

And perhaps it wasn't, maybe it wasn't even a problem at all. But you at least hoped that they would listen. That they would make you understand why you feel that way; that perhaps they'd offer their interventions and care... but no, all that had been done to you was to have your feeling shut away and ignored as if they didn't matter at all.

Since then, emotions... became pathetic. Useless. Unnecessary.

You lived a silent and cold life because that was all you ever knew.

But somehow, in that empty and quiet life, someone rather loud and bright came along.

It was Beomgyu.

At first, you could only find him annoying as he'd repeatedly approached you and tried to get to know you.

You were both idols after all. You often got the same deals and were booked for the same shows so you'd see each other a lot. You were even from the same company and everywhere you'd turn there would always be a sign of him.

It was quite annoying, even when he just talks for short seconds you were infuriated.

But even then, he was one of the only people who ever asked you how your day was. It started like that, him constantly asking how your day was and you being so annoyed by how loud and giddy he is.

Until finally, those little things that he does, became something you looked forward to.

"Y/n, how are you, my favorite co-worker? He gently smiled as he greeted you.

You bat a sour eye at him, but you were glad to hear his voice. Before, you wouldn't even respond, but now, you came to acknowledge his presence.

"Why do you always ruin my mornings?" You asked him that every single day,

"Why do you always make mine better?" And of course, he'd respond the same way he does.

"Whatever..." You replied as you kept walking. Eventually, he would leave you alone, but when you were without his presence, you could immediately feel how lonely and empty it was. As much as he did annoy you, he filled a gap in your heart.