[soobin] • little things

Communication has not been easy for you for the past years. There were a lot of traumatic events in your life that got in the way of ever wanting to meet new people again.

At this point, you had been working with TXT for a while as their assistant. Your job required you to be closer to them for the most part, but it didn't work that way. You did your job well and made sure everything they needed was set in stone, but you could never communicate with them properly.

Other staff members were so much closer with them because they knew how to communicate well. They had great humor and they knew how to handle certain emotions. However, that was hard for you. You've practically encased yourself in a tight spot as you built walls to make sure you wouldn't get hurt again.

You've lost a lot of friends, your trust had been broken a lot, and you weren't in a good mental space. There was no room to create any more relationships because you believed in how difficult it would be to maintain.

So oftentimes, while other staff members laughed and ate with each other, you sat somewhere else and listened to music. Whenever there were company games and competitions, you'd just laugh along with everyone but still avoid any form of communication.

However, one day something changed within what you considered ordinary.

It was your birthday on that day and someone had sent a package over to your apartment. You had just gotten home and you were surprised to see it. It didn't say from who exactly it was so you were thinking hard about whether or not you should take it in. Eventually, you did so.

You sat down on your couch and immediately looked at the contents of the box.

It was a small necklace and a pin. It was really beautiful, but one thing you loved about it is that it was related to your favorite anime. It was weird because you had never told anyone about that, but somehow someone knew.

You examined the box even more and you stumbled upon a letter.

"Hi... uh...

This is Soobin. I know we haven't really talked much but I recently noticed how your eyebrows would raise whenever I talked about my favorite show. With that, I assumed you like it too. I asked the other staff members if they knew when your birthday was and one of your friends told me that it was today. I happen to have stumbled upon this necklace and this pin so I thought you might like it. I hope this isn't coming across weird, haha... Thank you for everything you do for us. Please have a nice day. Happy Birthday."

Upon reading the letter, it was definitely not what you had expected. A smile had bunched up on your lips and you went to get your phone to say a simple "thank you." But as always, you couldn't do it. It was so simple yet you couldn't muster up the courage to type out such simple words.

When the next day came, you went to work as usual and when you were in the same vicinity as TXT, Soobin approached you expectantly.

"Hey, Y/n." He spoke as he walked towards you. You turned to face him a little bit shyly. "Yes? Do you need anything?" You asked. It was so rude of you knowing that he probably was going to ask about his gift.

"Oh, I was just wondering if you had recei—" He was going to ask about it until he cut himself off. He saw the necklace dangling around your neck. A soft smile then crawled to his lips. "Nevermind haha." He lightly said as he turned around.

You felt that it was wrong to not say anything, so unusually, you approached him. "Soobin." You spoke softly. He then turned around with an uplifted look. "Thank you for the gift. I really appreciate it." You said to him.

He smiled brightly. It was one he was trying to contain but every time he tried to hide it, the more it widened. "I'm glad you liked it. Happy Birthday!" He said in a lively tone.

You then smiled at him then you turned away from him to continue doing your work. You were glad that he seemed to be happy. You didn't say much to him, but you knew you said enough.

Soobin watched as you went on your own means. You were always like that. But something made him smile all the more. It was like a star that shined bright on your bag. He saw the pin that he gifted you. He was glad that you used it. That time, he kept the smile to himself, but that made his day better than ever.