[taehyun] • for the things we couldn't say

Taehyun is your boyfriend.

Well... was your boyfriend.

You never really knew where and when it went wrong but it did.

You wondered if he had simply fallen out of love or if the both of you had just lost time with each other, but none of those reasons seem to fit the narrative.

Even towards the end of your relationship, the both of you loved each other deeply.

On your part, you didn't take the break up well. The separation between the both of you was peaceful, but you remember that night when the both of you met at a cafe to talk about it. You had agreed to what he said about breaking up. The last sight you saw of each other was a warm smile that seemed willing to move on to a new chapter.

However, by the minute that Taehyun had left and you were on your way out of the cafe. Your heart started to hurt uncontrollably. Your tears flowed out and you felt your whole body weakening as if you were just hit by a heavy object.

Those were certain things you couldn't explain. How could something so abstract hurt the way it did? How does loving someone pulls us in so deeply that it captures every nerve and every cell just to be ripped apart?

The pain you felt couldn't compare to the number of times you broke your arm. It couldn't compare to any sickness that left you weak and sore. You remembered every memory of Taehyun deeply and after a whole month of picking up what was a turned page, you cried your heart out again. Your parents and friends were so worried about you. You were barely holding on. Sometimes, you would wonder if Taehyun felt the same way, and cherished your relationship the same way that you carried it as if it were the world.

That sentiment, that experience... though it pacified, never really left.

It's been three years since that relationship ended. You were now at the peak of your career. You established your own company directed to different forms of creatives, especially as you poured all your sorrow into various forms of art.

Naturally, during events, you would be invited to view artworks by different artists all over the globe, and so, this day came.

You were going to an art gallery to view pieces under the name, "Melancholia of the Tears" Even before receiving the invite, there was already something about it that captivated you.

When you arrived at the gallery, there weren't too many people because you were invited as a VIP guest which meant that you could come at an earlier time when there were fewer people.

Upon entering a particular painting captured your eyes.

"For the words we can't say." You read out softly.

The was a semi-abstract piece. There was an image showing, but never enough to determine what it was.

From your eyes, it was too much of a familiar picture. It was that same cold night with only the warm light of the cafe making the area comfortable. There were a lot of people in the cafe, but there were only two people in focus in the painting. Two people who spoke of smiles and happiness. People who said that the separation was for the better. People who smiled warmly at each other, despite being at their lowest point. It was those same eyes. Those pretentious eyes that spoke of happiness but showed sorrow. They were eyes that said goodbye, but cried out, "Please don't leave me."