[soobin] • someway somehow

You were a simple person with big dreams, and you shared these dreams with your childhood best friend, Soobin.

You both wanted to become musicians in one way or another, so one day, you both decided that you'd audition for several companies in hopes that you'd get accepted into one of them.

You didn't tell Soobin where you applied. Similarly, he didn't tell you where he applied as well just so the both of you could avoid disappointment in any case of not being accepted.

Both your parents were extremely against the idea, they did believe in the both of you, but not enough to fully allow you to pursue the career.

You were passionate about becoming a musician, but for a few months, the beliefs of those around you got the best of you. All that was more so strengthened as you didn't receive a callback, unlike Soobin.

You were the first person he called and as his best friend, you couldn't be more proud.

It was a bittersweet moment as he was off to his company to train, but then again he was a step toward achieving his dreams. You knew how bad you were going to miss him that you didn't want to let him go.

On the day that he was set to leave, you were the one that came with him to the company. That was when you discovered that he was accepted into BigHit. That honestly made you all the more prouder, and in a way, it was quite inspiring.

The whole trip there was a silent one, it wasn't until the both of you were already standing outside the building that the tears you've been earnestly trying to stop began to fall.

"Why are you crying?" Soobin chuckled as he asked you.

"Because I won't see you for a long time." You replied to him, not being able to look him in the eye.

He pulled you in an embrace as he caressed your back.

"I'll see you again and make you very proud, okay?" He said to you with a passion-filled smile.

You had a very unpleasant look on your face as you were still amid your tears.

You then wiped the tears off your face.

"You know what. You just wait. I promise I'll come to see you and you'll be proud of me too." You proudly said to him as you straightened yourself.

He laughed lightly, his lips then curled into a smile.

"I'm already proud of you either way. But sure, I'll be waiting." He said to you.

You furrowed your eyebrows even more, squinting your eyes to a capacity that it wouldn't allow tears to pass.

"You should go now..." You said to him before you say words that mean otherwise.

"Goodbye for now, Choi Soobin." You said to him.

In return, he waved his hands at you as he turned around and never looked back.

There was something with Soobin that he only did with you. He wouldn't say goodbye when he's leaving because he doesn't you to have a memory of him saying goodbye. He also never looked back when he was about to go somewhere without you because he knew that the mere sight of you crying or of you, in general, would be enough to stop him from leaving.