The Escape | 037 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

──❝The Escape❞──

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Determined to take a closer look at him, [Y/n] eyes raked over his features, taking in his familiarity. Leon appeared disheveled, with unkempt hair and a grimy shirt that seemed to have gone unnoticed by him. His icy blue eyes, filled with fatigue and a subtle hint of sorrow, mirrored the burden of his recent ordeals, encompassing countless untold tales. "I feel like shit," Leon mutters, his voice scratchy and laden with fatigue. Leon could sense a change, though he felt a sense of relief. The plaga that had once plagued his mind seemed to have finally subsided, leaving him with a newfound clarity. Upon meeting [Y/n]'s gaze, the slight upturn of the corner of his mouth betrayed a sense of solace, soothing the discomfort caused by the injuries he sustained when she embraced him. 

Leon's body collapsed into [Y/n]'s embrace, his heavy head resting on her shoulder as his sore arms wrapped around her waist. He let out a deep sigh, the most profound yet. Leon confided to [Y/n], "I did it. Krauser and I have fought. He is no longer a hindrance." He spoke with a muffled voice against my shoulder. [Y/n] didn't say anything, not wanting to interrupt the moment, as she gently ran her hand through his hair, removing the remnants of the intense battle. She could feel the tension slowly leaving his body as he leaned into her touch, finding solace in her presence. The weight of his accomplishment and the relief of finally overcoming Krauser seemed to lift off his shoulders, replaced by a sense of peace and contentment. "There was nothing else you could've done. It was for the best. He was too far gone." [Y/n] said lightheartedly, gently pulling away from the embrace. She took Leon's hands in hers, discovering new cuts and scrapes on the back of his gloves and dried blood marring his fingertips. Leon shrugged nonchalantly, trying to downplay her words. "Yeah." He grunted tersely. As [Y/n] still held Leon's hands, she slowly coaxed him to sit up from the metal bed.

"Ashley?" Leon called out softly, his voice sounding hoarse. Ashley rushed to [Y/n]'s side, wrapping her arms around Leon in a comforting embrace. "I thought you were gonna die." Leon stroked Ashley's back, offering a small, comforting smile before releasing her and saying, 'Okay.' Ashley turned to the table, picking up a paper on it before showing Leon and [Y/n]. The paper was a map. "I found it. I think it says we can get out if we go... this way." Ashley pointed to the red circle drawn on the crinkled map paper. "It doesn't look like an easy route, but it might be our best chance at escaping." [Y/n] said, with a finger to her chin, as she pondered the potential obstacles they might face along the way. Ashley hesitantly asked, "Hey, we're a team, right." as she avoided eye contact with the agents. Leon and [Y/n] exchanged a glance before Leon spoke up, "Keep this up? I'll be out of a job." [Y/n] nudges Leon's shoulder playfully and replies, "Don't worry. We're a team. We stick together no matter what." [Y/n]'s reassuring words brought a sense of relief to Ashley, who finally met their gaze and nodded in agreement.