The Weight of Waiting | 012 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

──❝The Weight of Waiting❞──

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Hordes of them against the three of us. Oh, and let's not forget—this mob is made up of monsters." Luis narrated the situation while Leon and [Y/n] worked tirelessly to barricade the windows for protection from the onslaught of the hostile villagers. "You done warming up? Hope you stretched!" Luis exclaimed in an overly enthusiastic tone, trying to lighten the mood. "Yeah. Now, if you'd shut up, we'd be good to go." hissed Leon, rolling their eyes at Luis' attempt at humor. "Let's focus on survival here. We need to come up with a plan before they break through." [Y/n] chimed in, trying to redirect the conversation back to the task at hand. "Agreed. We can't hold out forever, but if we can make it through the night, we might have a chance to escape in the morning." Leon added. 

[Y/n] quickly grabbed a nearby chair and wedged it under the doorknob of the backdoor, barricading it. "Lighten up, amigo's." Luis chimed. The sound of shattering glass pierced the air as multiple hands crashed through the pane, reaching out to them. [Y/n]'s eyes lined up with her sniper's scope, so she could peer through the cracks in the barricaded window, landing precise blows to the villagers with each shot. 

As the shelf barricading one of the windows collapses, Leon quickly rushes over to reinforce it with a nearby table. "Give me a break already." The villagers outside continue to pound on the doors and windows, their angry shouts growing louder by the minute. Leon and Luis were shooting from opposite sides of the room, trying to thin out the crowd as much as possible, but it seems like more and more villagers are arriving by the second. The tension in the air is palpable as they wonder how long they can hold out against this relentless onslaught. They never stop." [Y/n] sighed, knowing that the relentless nature of their behavior wouldn't change anytime soon.

[Y/n] stood further back, firmly holding the rifle in his hand, carefully aiming at the villagers. The acrid scent of blood and gunpowder filled the air, causing her stomach to churn, as she took out as many hostile villagers as she could. Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a villager coming up from behind her, their hands outstretched, ready to grab her and take her away. Acting quickly, [Y/n] shifted her rifle, swinging it around swiftly, catching the butt of the weapon hard against the villager's nose. The impact was brutal and swift, and the sound of cracking bones echoed throughout the room. The villager crumpled to the ground, writhing in pain as [Y/n] continued to hold her ground, her index finger never leaving the trigger.