A Haunting Memory | 035 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

──❝A Haunting Memory❞──

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Leon ventured deeper into the ruins, but when a cluster of large, falling stones stopped him in his tracks, he leaped down, landing with a loud thud. With unwavering determination, Leon's thoughts and actions were solely directed towards locating [Y/n] and Ashley, fervently hoping that Saddler had not harmed them. If any harm were to befall them, the Saddler would have no choice but to confront his own anger. 

"I've been waiting for you. rookie." Krauser said with a smirk, his voice dripping with condescension. The seasoned man leaned against the wall, his arms crossed, as he observed Leon with a critical eye. Leon's gaze grew more intense as he looked at Krauser. A palpable anger radiated from him, causing the air around him to shimmer with barely contained fury as he glared at the man he once considered a companion. His hands trembled with a fierce urge to reach for his pistol, eager to bring this confrontation to a swift and decisive end. The air around him crackled with an electric charge, as if the very atmosphere were charged with the energy of his unbridled anger and desire for vengeance.

Leon tried to maintain his composure, refusing to let Krauser's snide remarks get under his skin. Leon understood that giving in to Krauser's taunts would only serve to reinforce his already inflated ego. Taking a deep breath, Leon met Krauser's gaze head-on and replied, "Well, it looks like you'll have to keep waiting. I'm not here to play games." With a sinister grin, Krauser casually tossed his combat knife into the air and effortlessly caught it, drawing attention to his skill and deadliness. "Oh, worried about the girls, is that it?" Leon scowled, his eyebrows furrowing in frustration. He refused to let Krauser's mind games distract him from his mission. Hmm, that's just like you. You always had poor judgment. But if you think I'm going to let you out of here alive...you're even more naïve than I thought." Krauser kept pace with Leon, walking alongside him on the cramped concrete wall. A distance separated the two, ensuring that they remained just out of arm's reach.

Leon kept a close eye on Krauser's imposing figure, studying him intently. Krauser's taunts continued, his muscles flexing beneath his shirt as he let out a low, menacing chuckle. "You can't save them! You can't save anyone!" Krauser's smug expression grew even more pronounced as the anger in Leon's eyes intensified. He lifted his chin, his gaze meeting the hateful stare of the dirty blonde with a steely determination. "Give it up, Krauser!" Leon shouted, his voice filled with a mix of frustration and determination. "Being a lackey for these maniacs... won't bring your men back. And what the hell for? Revenge on the government? You think they would want that?" Krauser raised an eyebrow, if only to mock him further. "Revenge? You think I'm doing all this...for revenge?" Leon stared at him in disbelief, searching for any hint of sincerity in Krauser's eyes. "Isn't that what this is all about?" Leon asked incredulously, his voice tinged with disbelief. "You see, in that jungle, I had a revelation. The most important thing in this world is pure, unadulterated power! Los Iluminados have given me that." Krauser smirked, his tone dripping with arrogance. "You know, you were always an asshole." Krauser scoffs at Leon's statement as if he finds it amusing. "But at least you had some kind of code, some honor! And look at you now."