The Depth of Guilt | 017 |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

──❝The Depth of Guilt❞──

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

As they ascended the staircase, they reached a door that would lead them back to the Audience Chamber. With caution, they pushed the door open and stepped inside. The room was vast, and the lofted platform they were on offered a breathtaking view of the grand hall below. The hall was empty, and there was no sign of any Zealots or Ramón. The coast seemed clear. [Y/n] and Leon exchanged a relieved glance before, pressing on. Before [Y/n] could blink, Leon quickly scaled the closest chandelier and swung across the hall, landing gracefully on the other side. "Leon, what are you doing?!" [Y/n] called out in a hushed voice. Leon turned back with a grin and whispered, "I'm taking the shortcut. Don't even think about trying this yourself!" 

"Unbelievable," Ashley murmured, her voice dripping with disbelief. [Y/n] sighed, messaging her temples, trying to calm the frustration that was building up inside her. "That's Leon for you. Instead of jumping onto the chandelier, let's find another way around." Ashley nodded in agreement, still in shock at Leon's reckless behavior. She couldn't help but wonder how he had survived this long with such a cavalier attitude towards danger. He was definitely a wild card, but they needed him to get through this mission. As they searched for an alternate route, [Y/n] made a mental note to keep a closer eye on Leon in the future. 

"Leon! Are you kidding me!? Jumping across chandeliers? Seriously, who does that?" [Y/n] exclaimed in disbelief. Leon's lips parted as he released a soft, breathy chuckle, his eyes crinkling at the corners with amusement. He then retorted with a hint of sarcasm laced in his tone, "What're you, my mother?"[Y/n] rolled her eyes and shook her head, saying, "No, I'm your partner. I don't want to see you get hurt," she said, her voice serious. "And I don't want to have to explain to the chief why you broke your neck attempting a stunt like that." Leon grinned mischievously. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, I won't do it again...today." 

As they moved through the dark and eerie halls, [Y/n] double-checked her rifle, ensuring that the ammunition was loaded and the scope was clean. The sound of her rifle cocking filled the silence as she prepared for any danger that may arise. Suddenly, a haunting cackle echoed through the room, sending shivers down her spine. "Salutations, Mr. Kennedy," a voice taunted. [Y/n] narrowed her eyes, her hand steady on the rifle. "Are you ready to hand over the girls?" Leon grunted, his eyebrows furrowing in frustration. "Not this guy again." He tightened his grip on his gun, ready for whatever lay ahead. Ramón continued, "I've taken the liberty of preparing some entrainment for you. Without further ado: the gallant knight protects the princess's fair." Having had enough, noting an old speaker system on a wall, [Y/n] aimed her rifle and fired, causing the speaker to explode in a shower of sparks. "We're not here for your entertainment, Ramón."