Chapter 97: Giving Birth

Lin Wei Xi's face sank when she saw the woman walking down the path.

Although it was only a vague shadow, this woman had big eyes and a high nose, just looking at the upper half of her face, she did look like Gao Xi. Lin Wei Xi thus thought that this was the woman Gu Cheng Yao had brought back, but covered it up so not letting her know, how could she not get angry.

Wan Yue felt bad when she saw this Lu Niang. When she caught sight of Lin Wei Xi's uncomfortable expression her chest tighten, she hurriedly walked down the steps and waved to the little maids who was attending outside: "Wangfei is receiving a visitor, who permit you to let miscellaneous people to come in?"

The maids hurriedly went to pull Lu Niang out, but Lu Niang refused to cooperate. She wore a pink jacket and skirt, her hair pulled into a very high bun, with white snow on the ground simply, it simply pierced the eyes: "Mother Wangfei, this slave is brought back by Shizi, and still hasn't come to pay respect to you."

Lin Wei Xi's face was cold, and Liu Su Niang also felt awkward. She had long heard that Shizi Consort of Yan Wang Mansion suddenly reject the world for monastic life and moved into the Buddhist Hall to pray for her mother-in-law. Which family's womenfolk did not enjoy the rich and honorable days, and insisted to enter the quiet place of Six Roots to serve Buddha? This looks like an excuse. But this topic had become taboo in the capital, and even the gossipy madam dare not gossip about it. Yan Wang Mansion's Shizi Consort entered the Buddhist Hall after Wangfei received the shock that caused her fetus to be a bit unstable, in addition it was said at that time the old madam of Duke Yingguo Mansion came to Yan Wang Mansion, but when she returned she fell ill. All the signs were connected together, afraid the reason for the Shizi Consort's imprisonment was probably related to Wangfei. Maybe it have something to do with the startled horse matters.

Thinking of this who was not sweating all over, where still dare to continue to investigate. During the New Year, the womenfolk would gather together, celebrated with song and dance, all smiled and paid a New Year's greetings, not at all mention a word of Yan Wang Shizi Consort Gao Ran, who was once in the limelight.

It seems that there had never been such a person in the capital.

Now Liu Su Niang directly ran into the newly bought concubine of Shizi Gu Cheng Yao, which seemed to confirm the silent speculation in the capital. One could imagine how awkward Liu Su Niang was. On the other side, the maids, half persuading and half coercing, hurriedly took Lu Niang by the arms. When the people could not be seen anymore, Wan Yue lowered her head and pleaded with Lin Wei Xi: "This slave neglected her duties, and letting unrelated person to come in and offend Wangfei and Lady Liu, asked Wangfei to give punishment."

No decent family would let the concubine come out to welcome the guests, when entertaining the guest suddenly ran into a woman with peach powder from head to toe with unclear identity, this was considered rude to the madam who came as the guest. Liu Su Niang hurriedly smiled and broke the awkwardness: "It's no bother, the other side deliberately did it, and you can't stop it no matter how carefully you arranged it. Just sitting for a long time, I'm a little tired, and Wangfei can't stand the cold, let's go back."

In front of Liu Su Niang, Lin Wei Xi didn't say much, smiled and took Liu Su Niang back to the main courtyard. As soon as Liu Su Niang left, Lin Wei Xi's face immediately cooled down: "What's going on today?"

Wan Yue stepped forward and knelt on the ground, bowed her head and said, "Reporting for Wangfei. This slave have arranged manpower on the trail, but the garden was big, and it was snowing. The granny that guard the road didn't see Lu Niang, at once let her break in. It was this slave neglecting her duty. Ask Wangfei to give punishment."