Chapter 38: Preferences

Lin Wei Xi set a time to let all the servants in the mansion come to Jingcheng Courtyard to visit her. From the beginning Lin Wei Xi was sitting on a chair in the middle hall. The servants formed groups of five, they stepped forward to kowtow to Lin Wei Xi in batches, and then stated their name and work. The entire mansion was complicated and huge, and Lin Wei Xi had to sit until the end of shenshi (3-5pm) before finish meeting with everyone.

Being a mistress was not an easy job, especially for a behemoth like Yan Wang Mansion. Hundreds of people running up and down operating together were not a small number, which requires the mistress' stewardship and organizational skills. Lin Wei Xi summoned all the servants in the mansion, not only to recognize people names, but also showing her status as the Wangfei to the whole mansion. After the whole circle of tossing and turning, the sky was already dark, Lin Wei Xi's waist was stretched all afternoon, made her back felt sore. Especially after she had a late sleep last night, her back already ached in the first place, and today sat for the whole afternoon, she was really exhausted.

Wan Xing and Wan Yue hurriedly helped Lin Wei Xi to take a rest inside. Lin Wei Xi sat down on the soft coach and finally felt a little better. She didn't care about rubbing her waist, and quickly asked: "Where is Wangye? Still inside?"

"Yes."

Lin Wei Xi glanced at the east side room, a smile appeared on her lips. Today's event was something she had to go through. Compared to the significance of this event, the physical aches were not worth mentioning. Today was so smooth, partly because her kind and generous conversation with Bu mama in the morning, but the bigger reason was because of Yan Wang.

Yan Wang was sitting in the east side room, who would dare to make trouble? Lin Wei Xi summoning the servants in the middle hall, the noise was not small. But Yan Wang still endured, and continued to stay in the side room to read. Although he didn't say anything, but sometimes silent was better than talks, his statement undoubtedly greatly deterred everyone and showed his support towards Lin Wei Xi to the public.

Lin Wei Xi felt at ease, and wouldn't let Wan Xing hammered her waist, immediately walked to the side room happily. As soon as she entered the door, she called out sweetly, "Wangye."

Gu Hui Yan unconsciously smiled: "Are you done?"

"Yes." Lin Wei Xi walked quickly towards Gu Hui Yan. She wanted to sit next to Gu Hui Yan, but after she thought about what happened this afternoon, she turned a corner and sat down opposite Gu Hui Yan in a proper manner. "I must have disturbed your reading today. I thanked Wangye first."

Seeing Lin Wei Xi's actions, Gu Hui Yan felt regret for some reason. He suppressed this strangeness and said to Lin Wei Xi: "You are talking and acknowledging people all afternoon. I am afraid that your body will not be able to bear it. Let's have dinner first, and you should rest early after dinner."

Lin Wei Xi smiled listlessly: "I was talking all afternoon... Did Wangye heard? Did it bother you?"

"No." Gu Hui Yan said with a smile. Lin Wei Xi didn't believe it. She looked at Gu Hui Yan's kind expression and became more and more frustrated: "You must have heard it. Now maybe you still laugh at me in your heart."

"I really don't." Gu Hui Yan couldn't help laughing, the lights shining in his eyes were amazingly bright, "Although you have a fierce tone when you scold people, but you never make trouble out of nothing. It's both reasonable and well-founded, also there's clear cause. If I'm not the target, it's actually pleasant to hear."

Anyone who scold people and evaluated as "pleasant to hear" would not be happy. Lin Wei Xi's anger was not light. She gave Gu Hui Yan a stern look and turned her back in a huff. Gu Hui Yan laughed more cheerfully. Seeing Lin Wei Xi's back became more rigid, he did not dare to tease anymore, got up and supported her shoulders and walked out: "Okay, don't get angry. Let's have dinner first."