Chapter 74: The Past

Gao Ran was originally smiling, but when she heard Han shi's words, the smile on her face slowly faded: "Why yiniang suddenly ask like this?"

"Was it not because of you." Seeing Gao Ran's expression, Han shi's heart had nothing to understand. No one know a daughter like her mother. These few days Gao Ran lived in the Duke Yingguo Mansion and was treated as their young lady everywhere, she often went to Han shi's place to see Gao Chen's study. Gao Ran looked to be happy, but the smile on her face seemed forced, Han shi knew at a glance that Gao Ran had something on her mind. It seemed there was ulterior motive when she came back to her parent's house.

Her mind was exposed by Han shi, Gao Ran suddenly felt jittery. Her marriage was the pride of her family. All the sisters admire her for her good marriage. How could Gao Ran admit that there was a problem with it. Han shi looked at Gao Ran's complexion, sighed, moved an embroidered stool and sat next to Gao Ran, held her hand and asked carefully: "What is really going on, there is no one now, you talk to mother."

Han shi was only a concubine, even if Gao Ran was her own flesh, she was not qualified to be Gao Ran's mother. Gao Ran's mother was only Wei shi. Now that Han shi called herself "mother", it was undoubtedly arrogant, but Gao Ran heard such words suddenly felt like she was returning to the time she had just transmigrated. At that time, Han shi was still not favored, and Gao Chen was still not born, only the two of them depended on each other.

Gao Ran's depression, grievances, even anxiety and worries about her marriage suddenly burst out. Her eyes uncontrollably went sour, and tears fell: "Mother."

Han shi felt more and more distressed, coaxed Gao Ran to speak slowly. Once started, the rest was easy to say. Gao Ran slowly poured out how Gu Cheng Yao wanted to accept concubines, how arrogant Yun Hui, and how Bu Mama as the old servant was disrespectful to her. Among them, one of the highlight was of course Gao Ran's difficult evil mother-in-law.

Han shi listened to the whole story, and when she heard Yun Hui ran to Lin Wei Xi to ask for grace and forced Gao Ran to lift her position, she was unusually angry: "So shameless. She is already twenty years old and still hasn't been received, it can clearly be seen that she is ugly. Actually used her body to make Shizi receive her as a concubine, totally a slut. She completely deserve to be sent out of the capital."

Gao Ran lowered her head and said, "Three wives and four concubines are normal, and I am also a virtuous and generous person. If Yun Hui is respectful, I will not be intolerant. But she is too slutty."

Han shi scolded Yun Hui for a long time, used words such as slut, immoral and other things. People were really strange. Han shi herself was also a concubine. She also relied on her body to keep a man and was proud of it. But for her daughter, she required all the maids in her in-law's family to be strict and respectful, and those who dare to show their colors were all bitches.

After Han shi let out her resentment, she lowered her voice and asked Gao Ran, "Then how did she get sent away by son-in-law? Is it because of this incident that you have a rift with son-in-law?"

Gao Ran paused for a moment, vaguely passed the question, and implicitly agreed: "I don't know what Shizi thinks. I'm doing this for his own good, but loyal advice jars on the ears, and he refuses to get close to people who are really good to him."

Han shi sighed. She really believe that Gao Ran was trying to deal with that fox woman, so she had a conflict with Gu Cheng Yao: "Men are like this. After a few days, his freshness towards this fox woman will pass, and he will understand you. After all, you are the primary wife. Those tongfang and concubine are all playthings. You just need to put them as objects on the line. Don't force the son-in-law. After a while, son-in-law will return to your side when he gets tired of those people. Don't hurt the son-in-law's face because of a moment's temper, then the mutual affection between husband and wife will not return. That big sister of yours is the best example."