Chapter 80: Di Daugther

On a silent summer night, Han shi was sitting under the window sewing clothes. It was strange, even though there was no wind, but the candlestick at the corner of the table suddenly jumped. When Han shi shaken by the candle, she accidentally stabbed her hand.

Han shi screamed and put her fingertips in her mouth. She complained secretly in her heart, seeing blood at night was really unlucky.

Han shi was carefully looking at the wound on her fingertips, suddenly heard the call from the little maid outside. Han shi was pleasantly surprised: "Shizi is here?"

Duke Yingguo Mansion went to the Summer Palace. As the invisible mistress of Shizi's courtyard, Han shi also honorably followed. But in these years she had gotten older, and the number of days Duke Yingguo Shizi spent the night with her were very few. Sudden visits like tonight even rarer.

Han shi threw down the half-finish needlework, and welcomed at the door happily. The smile was all over her face, but seeing the look of Duke Yingguo Shizi, Han shi was taken aback: "Shizi?"

Who made Shizi angry? He seems so upset.

Han shi muttered to herself, but did not take it to heart. She eagerly waited on Duke Yingguo Shizi to take a seat, and then went to make tea for him, the whole person was busy like a spinning top.

Duke Yingguo Shizi looked at her back coldly, Han shi turned around and talked to Shizi without any clue, suddenly startled by his eyes. Han shi gradually felt scared, and with great difficulty she smiled and said, "Shizi, what's the matter with you? Why do you look at this concubine with such a look?"

Duke Yingguo Shizi looked at her for a moment then said indifferently: "It's nothing. You don't need to be busy, sit down, I have something to tell you."

Han shi was flattered, and the expression on her face was shy and joyful like sixteen years old girl: "Shizi, you are the master and this slave is just a concubine. It's not good to sit next to you..."

Duke Yingguo Shizi didn't have the patience to listen anymore. If in the past he used to like Han shi's gentle girl attitude, but now when he looked he only felt sick. Since she didn't want to sit, it was also rare for Duke Yingguo Shizi to take care of her. He asked directly: "How much do you know about Yun Niang's matters back then?"

The smile on Han shi's face froze. After a while, she reacted and quickly covered her mouth with a kerchief, pretending to cough: "Cough, this concubine caught a cold last night, let Shizi laugh... Why did you suddenly ask about Yun Niang? The events of long time ago, this concubine already forget."

"Forget?" Duke Yingguo Shizi furiously smiled. He threw out the thing in his sleeves with a bang. The wine pot was slender and exquisite, and its main body was carved with intricate and gorgeous patterns from Western Regions, it looked very beautiful. "If you really forget, then I will help you remember it, didn't Yun Niang happen to be drinking with you before the accident?"

When Han shi saw the special wine pot, she panicked. Her superficial skills were far worse than her daughter, and it showed on her face. Duke Yingguo Shizi understood when he saw Han shi's expression. Han shi knelt on the ground in panic, her eyes turned quickly: "Shizi, what are you talking about, why don't this concubine understand at all."

"Until now, you still pretend not to understand me?" Duke Yingguo Shizi was very angry. He was so angry not because Yun Niang was framed, but because he had been deceived for so many years. A concubine died, that was nothing, but he was deceived by someone like a fool for ten years. He also treated them the mother and son sincerely, which made Duke Yingguo Shizi really unable to accept. When he thought that he totally devoted to these people, maybe Han shi was still laughing with her children behind his back.