Chapter 89: Moonlight

"Brother?" Gao Ran almost found it laughable, and she really laughed, "You treat him as a brother, but the other side may not be. In this world how many conflict happened because of the stepmother and the previous wife's di son. The succession of Qinwang's title, who can resist this temptation?"

Gu Cheng Yao subconsciously felt unhappy after hearing these words. He did not like to hear someone talked like this about Lin Wei Xi: "Others are short-sighted and blinded by greed, but she is not such a person."

Gao Ran originally just wanted to give a reminder, but hearing Gu Cheng Yao's words, the rage in her heart burst out, and her tone became extremely bad: "What does Shizi mean? Do you think she is not such a person? Huh, what a joke. She is selfish and cold. Now because of her pregnancy, father is even more confused by her, and will give her anything she want. Do you really think she doesn't care like she showed? Okay, even if she doesn't care about the title now, but once she gives birth to a son, will she have no crooked mind at all?"

Gu Cheng Yao felt that this conversation could not go on, how could Gao Ran become so unreasonable. Gu Cheng Yao said: "The succession of title is a ritual law. That kind of fight hand and foot for the title will not happen in our family. My father is not such a person, nor is she. I don't know where you heard such words, it's an insult to father and her. Besides, where did you put me? I'm eighteen years old. Do I still need to rely on very low inner house tricks to keep my position?"

Gao Ran, as if her tail being stepped on, was unusually stirred up: "Very low? Who is Shizi talking about?"

"I just stated the facts and didn't point to anyone." Gu Cheng Yao said coldly, "Why do you think this is a personal attack?"

Although he said so, but both of them well aware that what Gu Cheng Yao talked about was Gao Ran's attack to Yun Hui. This matter had been covered up, and Yun Hui had also sent out for almost half a year. But feelings were like a mirror, once there was a crack, it would not be able to return to the original form no matter how much it repaired. Yun Hui's affair was the crack that lies between Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran. Gao Ran's conspiracy was revealed, her public persona collapsed, and Gu Cheng Yao refused to trust Gao Ran anymore.

Gao Ran's eyes felt sore at the thought of this, and couldn't bear her tears. It's because of Yun Hui, and also because of that Yin Yang pot. If it wasn't for that wine pot that was not handled cleanly, how could she be suspected by Gu Cheng Yao, and how could Duke Yingguo Shizi be angry at Han shi because of the matter of spoiled concubine years ago.

The wrong step was because of her small mistake here, the Yin Yang pot was discovered by Gu Cheng Yao, and her image for many years had also ruined. Later, Duke Yingguo Shizi being meddlesome and annoyed Gu Cheng Yao. Gu Cheng Yao threw the yin yang pot to Duke Yingguo Shizi, causing Han shi and Gao Chen to fall into crisis. Han shi was afraid of exposing what she had done, when Duke Yingguo old madam asked about Shizi's whereabouts, she concealed her conscience and shook her head, said didn't know, which led to the death of Duke Yingguo Shizi. Now Han shi was living in panic every day. The old madam seemed to be suspicious. She had been checking who Shizi had met before his death. What if the old madam traced along the vine and found out about Han shi?

During this time, Gao Ran's inside and outside matters were not going well. In Duke Yingguo Mansion, Gao Ke had a strong momentum, and the adoption's matter became very noisy. Han shi was also in desperate situation because of Duke Yingguo Shizi's death. Gao Ran was exhausted by these things, but her husband and wife relationship with Gu Cheng Yao was also getting worse.

Gao Ran felt unspeakably at a loss. Wasn't her current situation the same as before Gao Xi's death? The husband and wife were indifferent, and they were fed up of seeing each other. Gao Ran always laughed at Gao Xi when she married Gu Cheng Yao. She felt that Gao Xi had no EQ and no brains to lead her life like that, and actually destroyed such a good hand. Then what about her? She obviously married as a live-saving benefactor who lost and regained her identity, but what was she doing now?