Chapter 84: Pregnant

"Yan Wang didn't know that Wangfei is pregnant?" The imperial physician was very surprised. When he checked Lin Wei Xi's pulse just now the pregnancy was more than a month, and everyone in the room was calm, he thought the mansion already knew about this. The primary wife's pregnancy was a huge matter, especially for imperial family like this. A di blood line was difficult to get, and now Wangfei was pregnant, of course, the whole family had already made offering since earlier time.

The imperial physician really did not expect that Yan Wang didn't even know.

Gu Hui Yan stopped in place and stood still, and with great difficulty slowly recovered from the news. He skipped the imperial physician's question and asked directly: "How long has she been... pregnant?"

Although Gu Hui Yan didn't say whether he knew or not, his expression answered everything. The imperial physician tactfully did not ask, but replied: "Wangfei have been pregnant for more than a month, roughly one and a half months."

One and a half months, that was when they were still in the capital. Gu Hui Yan couldn't tell how he felt in his heart. He and Lin Wei Xi get along well on normal days, but when it touch the topic of children, she would become cold. Gu Hui Yan thought Lin Wei Xi was unwilling, so he never mentioned it. He thought that he already had an heir, it didn't really matter whether he had other children or not. Gu Hui Yan thought he didn't care, but when he really heard the news, Gu Hui Yan realized that deep down he was looking forward to it.

In fact, he really wanted Lin Wei Xi to give birth to children that belong to them. If it's a boy, he would teach him to study and read, teach him the art of war and strategies. If it's a girl, then she definitely would have round face and round eye, just like Lin Wei Xi. How could he not look forward to such delicate baby?

For the first time in so many years, Gu Hui Yan almost lost him composure. He stood there for a long time, waiting for the violent energy in his mind to pass before daring to speak. But barely asking a few words, his heart suddenly fell.

He liked this godsend's surprise very much, but what about Lin Wei Xi? She didn't like to hear him mention the topic of children. She should be unwilling to have children, or maybe she didn't want to have children with him. If after she woke up she heard that she was unexpectedly pregnant, how would she react?

Gu Hui Yan didn't know, nor did he want to know.

Gu Hui Yan suddenly was not in the mood to listen to the imperial physician's explanation about the taboos during pregnancy. He just moved his hands and his personal attendant understood, immediately led the imperial physician out. Outside there was a special person who keep track of what Wangfei should pay attention to during pregnancy.

The imperial physician gave Gu Hui Yan a salute, and slowly retreated to the outside room. When he left, he couldn't help muttering in his heart, Wangfei pregnant was a huge matter, but Yan Wang didn't know. Why did his expression brighten up when he heard the news, then in a blink of an eye his face sank? The imperial physician shook his head, ordinary people like him didn't really understand the mind of this kind of family.

Wangfei's pregnancy was like a thunderstorm hitting everyone's heads. Until now, many people's minds were dumbfounded. Gu Cheng Yao was stunned when he heard the news. Lin Wei Xi was pregnant?

Gu Cheng Yao had never realized so strongly that she was his stepmother. Now she was pregnant with his father's child.

Gao Ran came with the maids leisurely. She anticipated that Lin Wei Xi would have a big trouble today, so she especially went back to her house to changed clothes and watched Lin Wei Xi's jokes with respect. Of course, Gao Ran's excuse was to personally cook porridge for her mother-in-law.