Chapter 6: Marriage

Lin Wei Xi rode on a carriage again after a long time, did not know how long the bumps had been going on, and the noise outside of the carriage became more and more noisy. Lin Wei Xi guessed that they might have entered the city.

Sure enough, the guard on the city wall saw Yan Wang's token and did not even dare to check it. He lowered his head slightly and let Yan Wang's convoy entered the city. The county magistrate in the city heard that Yan Wang, who yesterday clearly said that he was leaving, actually came to the county seat. He was startled, hurriedly took along county deputies to welcome him.

"Welcome Your Royal Highness. Wangye has personally come, excuse this lowly official for not going out to meet you, Wangye please forgive."

"Nothing, get up." Gu Hui Yan held the rein loosely in his hand, sitting on the horse towering above, then said with indifference voice, "Is there a quiet courtyard nearby?"

Courtyard? How many days Yan Wang plan to stay? The county magistrate was a little dazed. He glanced at the carriage behind Yan Wang and vaguely guessed that Yan Wang was looking for a quiet courtyard for this one. He heard that Yan Wang had lost his wife for nearly ten years... The county magistrate's mind only went this far, he didn't dare to think about it anymore, his attitude became more respectful: "Wangye, we are honored by your presence in our humble county, how dare this lowly official let you rent a place outside? This lowly official's residence is small. If Wangye doesn't dislike it, how about staying at this lowly official's mansion."

Gu Hui Yan gave the county magistrate a quick glance. The magistrate was so practical, the bureaucratic language was the same stuff. Gu Hui Yan tightened the reins and calmed the agitated Zhao Xue, and said: "No, find another house."

Gu Hui Yan's words were flat, but the county magistrate immediately heard a danger from it. Cold sweat oozes from his back, and he did not dare make any more assertions. He lowered his body and replied: "This lowly official obeys, Wangye please wait a moment."

Lin Wei Xi felt the carriage stopped. Although she was alone in the carriage, she still sat steadily without curiously raising the curtain. It didn't take long for the carriage to continue moving. Lin Wei Xi estimated that after turning a few turns, the carriage let out a click sound. Then Zhou Mao Cheng's voice sounded from outside: "Lin girl, get off the carriage."

In fact, according to Lin Wei Xi's years of upbringing, her figure and appearance could not be seen by men other than her father and brother, and the carriage must be parked at the second gate. It was very rude to get on and off the carriage on the street. But now this was just a small town, and Lin Wei Xi had not recover her identity, so there was no need to be too particular.

Lin Wei Xi lifted the corner of her skirt to get out of the carriage. She looked up and found that they had stopped in front of a two-entry house. Lin Wei Xi was a little confused by Yan Wang's thoughts, what did Yan Wang mean?

Lin Wei Xi looked at Yan Wang, Gu Hui Yan as usual stood in front of everyone. He was listening to his subordinates reporting something. Aware of Lin Wei Xi's gaze, he raised his hand, stopped the subordinates' words, and then gently nodded to Lin Wei Xi: "Go inside."

Lin Wei Xi looked around, and pointed to herself in surprise. Gu Hui Yan nodded. Lin Wei Xi felt flattered then walked in first, Gu Hui Yan soon followed after her, and then the rest of the crowd.

They would stay here only temporarily, so Gu Hui Yan just bought a two-entry house. The second entry was left to Lin Wei Xi alone. Gu Hui Yan lived in the front with his subordinates. If something happened it would certainly alarm them. Lin Wei Xi's safety was guaranteed.