Chapter 81: People's Heart

Lin Wei Xi was wearing a light white jacket, underneath it was a blue eight-fold muslin long skirt, standing by the window carefully trimming the flower branches. The maid stood behind Lin Wei Xi with a pair of scissors, big and small, and Gao Ran waited on the side. Lin Wei Xi was very patient while pruning. She bent over to hold the gorgeous and thriving flowers, and took a long time before she trimmed down with a knife. This process was undoubtedly a long one. Gao Ran could understand putting flowers in the house as a sentiment, but how long you need to stand for a bunch of flowers? What for?

The cool wind blew after the rain, lifting the corner of Lin Wei Xi's light blue skirt. A stunning woman dressed in refreshing colors, leaning in front of the long window, engrossed in tending the dew-dropped flowers. Lin Wei Xi looked at the blossom, but she also the scenery in other people's eyes. Beautiful scenery, elegant atmosphere, just like inside a painting.

Even Gao Ran felt it was extremely pleasing to the eye, let alone a man. In this area no matter if it was men or women, all watched attentively at Lin Wei Xi, and the little maids who followed Lin Wei Xi almost looks stunned. The beautiful and fair Wangfei was the pride of everyone in Yan Wang Mansion. As long as there was Lin Wei Xi in the place, the servants would unconsciously hold their breath.

Gao Ran was impatient and while standing her mind couldn't help but wandering. It rained a lot last night, from the evening until midnight, the wind was chilly this morning, all the trees, flowers and plants were washed clean and glistening, and on the roadside could be seen a lot of blown branches.

It's natural to leisurely listen to the night rain in the room, but if someone couldn't make it home last night and stayed outside all the time, then that would be a great suffering.

Gao Ran was in a trance, suddenly saw a person at the corner of the corridor waving at Gao Ran, motioning her to come out. Gao Ran recognized that this was her dowry maid. She looked anxious, as if there was something urgent.

Lin Wei Xi also saw it. She glanced outside, her hands kept moving, and said lightly: "It looks like an urgent matter, Shizi Consort go out and take a look."

Gao Ran thanked her, and then saluted to retire. Gao Ran didn't come back after going there for a long time, Lin Wei Xi instinctively felt that something was wrong, and soon Lin Wei Xi also knew what happened.

Duke Yingguo Shizi went out on horseback the night before and accidentally fell into the mountain stream. He was trapped in a rock and couldn't move. He lasted for a day and a night, but in the end he didn't survive the heavy rain last night, and died because he lost too much blood.

Lin Wei Xi was about to repair a flower, instead she snapped it in the middle.

Lin Wei Xi's face turned pale when she rushed to Duke Yingguo Mansion, but fortunately everyone's face was dejected, and no one noticed her strangeness. The mama who came to meet Lin Wei Xi wiped her tears and said: "Wangfei came here early, even the relatives in the family was not as fast as you. Your heart we have written down, the old madam is crying inside, Wangfei, you go inside to persuade."

The crying eyes of Duke Yingguo old madam were very red. Seeing Lin Wei Xi, she still forced herself to stand up: "This old body greet Wangfei."

At this time, Lin Wei Xi couldn't be in the mood to pay attention to these empty courtesy. She almost impatiently asked: "How could Shizi get injured and fall outside, dying of blood loss? Where is the guard by his side?"

When it mentioned, Duke Yingguo old madam cry again: "I only found out yesterday morning that he was out at night. I thought he went to someone else's house for a drink, so I didn't take it seriously. Who knows that he never come back. In the evening I let someone ask other families, who knew that there was a heavy rain in the sky before there was results. After the rain stopped, the servants finally searched for some traces, who would have thought when we found him, he already become a corpse."